Alright, I've been trying to solve this problem, but it is very specific and I can not find any answers. I am currently back home for the weekend and my folks have a high speed internet connection through a private ISP. I recently hooked up a wireless router and was able to connect it and network a couple computers. All are able to access the internet perfectly. When I try to connect my iphone and my father's ipod touch, we are not able to do anything online. So, right now I'm working on EDGE until I can solve the problem. Anyone have any ideas?

The iphone and touch both connect to the router fine and are assigned IP's. I mean it seems like it should work, but no go.

iPhone Settings:

IP Address: 192.168.1.100
    Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
    Router: 192.168.1.1
    DNS: 67.128.206.7, 205.171.3.65
    Search Domains:
    Client ID:
    HTTP Proxy: Off

Router: Linksys WRT54G

Security: WPA Personal TKIP
    DHCP: Enabled

Modem: Netgear RP614

Internet IP Address: Static IP
    DNS Server: 67.128.206.7, 2.5.171.3.65
    Use Router as DHCP Server: On

Computers linked wirelessly: On and connected to router with internet!
    iPhone: On and onnected to router with no internet!

Also, I have full access to both routers, so if anyone needs any info on them please ask.

Thanks!
    - jEA

UPDATE!:
    209.85.165.103 when typed into safari on my iphone while connected to wifi works!, but when i try google.com i just get the old "Safari can't open the page because it can't find the server." error.

So does this mean anything?

UPDATE!:
    Sweet! I got it to work.

The DNS setting on the iPhone needed to be the same as my Netgear modem's LAN IP address which was 192.168.0.1

After I inputed that and refreshed my iPhone worked!

-jEA
    Last edited by StellarZ; 2008-02-17 at 11:44 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-02-17 11:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD