i have been using an unlocked 4gb iphone for about 5 months now. i desided to virginize it last week and upgrade it to 1.1.2. at first everything was fine. but i could not use my tmobile sim card. so my iphone was basically a itouch. yesterday i borrowed a friends att sim card and started from scratch. the method i was following messed up at one point and i could not get past it so i started messing with all the different programs for ulocking/activating/anysim, all in all....now whenever i plug my phone into the computer (mac or pc) it starts to boot up with the apple logo, then gives me the yellow triangle telling me to connect to itunes (however the background is blue), it then runs a word prompt for about 10 sec and reboots all over. whenever it runs the word prompt it disconnects from the computer. IS THERE ANYWAY TO RESTORE MY PHONE SO I CAN START FROM SCRATCH AGAIN? this has been driving me crazy, i have spent about 24 hrs trying to get my iphone to 1.1.2 and im about nuts now...any help would be great. thanks.
    2008-02-19 01:07 AM
    Try turning it off using the home and sleep buttons, then hold the home button and plug in the USB cable which is connected to your cpu. That will put your iPhone into recovery mode for you to hopefully restore then...
    2008-02-19 03:01 AM
    im not exactly sure how, but i hooked it up to my wifes comp and DLed ZiPhone and hooked it up...that fixed it right up....it seems there was an incomplete file i didnt quiet get when i was messing with things. anyway..its working fine now....i have service and everything...thanks
    2008-02-19 06:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD