Hi everybody. Im having a small problem regarding my ringtones. I am able to copy my ringtones from iTunes to the iPhone with no problems, but when I copy more than one, they appear duplicate on the iPhone. For example, if I copy ringtone1, it will show no problems, but if I copy ringtone2, it will show ringtone2 2 times on my iPhone and ringtone1 cannot be played. The funny thing is that they show correctly on iTunes and I am even able to play them correcty. Both ringtones are less than the 30 second limit. Any suggestions on what could be the problem? I have a 1.1.3 OTB iPhone jailbroken/activated/unlocked with Ziphone (i unlock no gui version). Thanking everybody in advance.
    2008-02-22 12:46 AM
    I have the exact same problem
    Everyday is a New Day...
    2008-02-26 12:03 AM
    ya meeh three.... does anyone know how to fix this?
    2008-02-26 01:09 AM
    Ok, I did some further searching on the forums and found that the problem is if you have the iPhone on "Manually manage music and videos" on iTunes. Once I unticked the box, the ringtones synced correctly. It's not quite a "fix" if you like to manage all music and videos manually (I do), but I guess it will have to do.
    2008-02-26 03:36 AM
    Ok, I did some further searching on the forums and found that the problem is if you have the iPhone on "Manually manage music and videos" on iTunes. Once I unticked the box, the ringtones synced correctly. It's not quite a "fix" if you like to manage all music and videos manually (I do), but I guess it will have to do.
    Works, Thanks.
    2008-03-01 08:45 PM
    just uncheck manually manage music. Easy *** fix.
    2008-03-02 01:10 AM
    Did not find the manual option.
    2008-03-04 07:00 PM
    its possible to manually transfer ringtones into ur iphone ?

using ibrickr perhaps ? if so, wats the directory to put the ringtone in ?

pls share info . Thk u !
    2008-03-04 09:07 PM
    its possible to manually transfer ringtones into ur iphone ?

using ibrickr perhaps ? if so, wats the directory to put the ringtone in ?

pls share info . Thk u !
    Yes and it is very easy to do.
    Take your mp3 and convert it if needed, or take a m4a m4p, and change the extension so that its a m4r extension which can be done via a PC right click, rename, and change the extension to m4r.

SSH via WinSCP into your iPhone and move the ringtones into the Ringtone folder.
    And that it.
    2008-03-04 09:17 PM
    a nice easy way to fix this without unchecking manually manage music is to use winscp to grab a copy of the Ringtones.plist file in /private/var/mobile/Media/iTunes_Control/iTunes/

edit the file in wordpad or whatever, and change the guid number

if you are having the duplicates issue then your guids are probably all set to 0000000000000000 for each song. they should all be different.

change the guid for each song by incrementing by 1. save and transfer back...

etc.
    2008-03-18 11:06 PM
    i used to have the same problem. i then started using iphone pc suite where u can upload ringtones and they show up under regular ringtones.

just install ziphone ibrickr fix on the phone and follow the instructions for the app
    2008-03-19 12:19 AM
    a nice easy way to fix this without unchecking manually manage music is to use winscp to grab a copy of the Ringtones.plist file in /private/var/mobile/Media/iTunes_Control/iTunes/

edit the file in wordpad or whatever, and change the guid number

if you are having the duplicates issue then your guids are probably all set to 0000000000000000 for each song. they should all be different.

change the guid for each song by incrementing by 1. save and transfer back...

etc.
    Thank you chaoticmonk! I tried this and it works perfectly.

Un-checking "manually manage music" is not an option for some of us (e.g. I have some tunes from my kids' iTunes account - which I paid for - as well as my own account).

Very annoying that iTunes screws this up, as manually hacking the Ringtones.plist is just unnecessary pain. Who's in charge of regression testing at Apple??

Copying the tones into the root/Library/Ringtones directory also works, though the tones get added to the Standard ringtones instead of Custom ringtones. No messing with .plist files is needed in this case, though you still need to rely on WinSCP.
    2008-04-08 12:58 AM
    is there a source for the ringtones app cause i can not find it in the installer

(sorry i tried using the search feature, found out this gem of a thread though)
    2008-05-07 05:55 AM
    Thank you chaoticmonk! I tried this and it works perfectly.

Un-checking "manually manage music" is not an option for some of us (e.g. I have some tunes from my kids' iTunes account - which I paid for - as well as my own account).

Very annoying that iTunes screws this up, as manually hacking the Ringtones.plist is just unnecessary pain. Who's in charge of regression testing at Apple??

Copying the tones into the root/Library/Ringtones directory also works, though the tones get added to the Standard ringtones instead of Custom ringtones. No messing with .plist files is needed in this case, though you still need to rely on WinSCP.

actually all you need is iphone tunnel suite and you don't need wifi, just the usb cable, i guess i'll have to manually copy them to my folder from now on, first time i've ever had this duplicate problem
    2009-03-18 06:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD