I am planning on getting rid of my iPhone soon. I have alot of picture stored for caller ID however they're no longer in any of my albums.

Where does the iPhone store picture IDs?

I found one path: private/var/media/photos/thumbs

however on my phone in the var directory there is no media directory.

I would REALLY like to save these pictures.

Can someone help please?
    2008-09-05 07:36 PM
    Pictures are stored under iTunes_Control, the same as Videos and Music. However, Contacts pictures are stored in mobile/Library/ in a sqlite database. They would need to be extracted from that database. I can give you the full path when I get home this eve.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.
    2008-09-05 07:39 PM
    Pictures are stored under iTunes_Control, the same as Videos and Music. However, Contacts pictures are stored in mobile/Library/ in a sqlite database. They would need to be extracted from that database. I can give you the full path when I get home this eve.
    Thank you much.

Can you point me in the right direction for extracting them as well? I know VERY little about the database world
    2008-09-05 07:41 PM
    any more information on this man?
    2008-09-08 06:28 AM
    any more information on this man?
    Sorry, had a fun filled weekend where I had to restore. K, the pictures for your contacts are stored in:

/private/var/mobile/Library/AddressBook/AddressBookImages.sqlitedb

To extract them, you'd need to install Sql on your PC, add the db to your sql management list, and manually extract each. This can be done either through a dedicated sql manager, or PHPAdmin. You can get either as a free download. I usually use versiontracker.com for these sorts of things. Have you used Sql before?
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.
    2008-09-08 02:24 PM
    Thanks man!

I have absolutely no experience with SQL and it sounds a little intimidating

If I can't manage I will post back up!

Sorry, had a fun filled weekend where I had to restore. K, the pictures for your contacts are stored in:

/private/var/mobile/Library/AddressBook/AddressBookImages.sqlitedb

To extract them, you'd need to install Sql on your PC, add the db to your sql management list, and manually extract each. This can be done either through a dedicated sql manager, or PHPAdmin. You can get either as a free download. I usually use versiontracker.com for these sorts of things. Have you used Sql before?
    Ok, I'm back

I found the file and retrieved it.

I also am now under the impression PHPAdmin is not a windows based program. Is this true?

If this is the case do you have a recommendation on what program I can use to extract my pictures?

Thank you for all the help.

I don't know why it merged that post but the post prior to this has questions in it
    Last edited by Justin89t; 2008-09-09 at 12:05 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-09-09 12:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD