User Tag List

It heppend allready 5 times to me & 3 of them this week. I don't know why, but when I lunch iPod add on my iPhone it says me, that I don't have music, videos, anything. But when I connect it to my Mac I can see all the music (& videos) & when I ssh I can see all the files to. So what shold I do?? I have tried setting it up as a new iPhone, reflashing... well it helps but this problem comes all over again.
    ATM I'm on 2.0.2, but when it started I was probably on 2.0.1.

Hope you can help me guys!
    Thanks for the future!
    Uko
    2008-09-10 10:38 AM
    Hi,
    I have seen several solutions for this problem, but what I did was to delete the folder /private/var/mobile/Media/iTunes_Control
    Now if you connect your iPhone iTunes will ask if configure a new device, select YES (don't restore), now you will see that the space marked in orange (other) now is shorter, it's time to resync your media again.
    2008-09-10 01:03 PM
    It heppend allready 5 times to me & 3 of them this week. I don't know why, but when I lunch iPod add on my iPhone it says me, that I don't have music, videos, anything. But when I connect it to my Mac I can see all the music (& videos) & when I ssh I can see all the files to. So what shold I do?? I have tried setting it up as a new iPhone, reflashing... well it helps but this problem comes all over again.
    ATM I'm on 2.0.2, but when it started I was probably on 2.0.1.

Hope you can help me guys!
    Thanks for the future!
    Uko
    It's an error with authentication. Go to iTunes and deauthorize your computer, then sync, then reauthorize your computer and sync again. Your iPod stuff will be back.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.
    2008-09-10 01:39 PM
    Same problem that I have! When I go home I'm trying what Eurisko said to do!
    2008-09-10 05:23 PM
    Uh... what is deauthorize & reauthorize???? Cos I've connected iPhone to my computer > signed out of iTunes store > synced > signed in > synced. No result. Should I remove all songs before syncing or restart iTunes????.......
    2008-09-10 10:15 PM
    In iTunes at the top, under "Store":

Select "Deauthorize"

Sync your phone(will delete all apps)

Select "Authorize"

Sync your phone(apps will be reinstalled)

This not only fixes app problems, but fixes your music problem as described.
    Good luck!
    Viruses
    Intruders
    Spyware
    Trojans and
    Adware

Windows Vista
    2008-09-10 10:35 PM
    I tried doing what you said above, and the apps didn't get deleted...

Could it be because I'm using cracked .ipas?

Also, it didn't put my songs on there...I'm having the same problem as the original poster.
    Last edited by Biohaz4rd; 2008-09-11 at 03:47 AM.
    2008-09-11 03:16 AM
    Hmm, are you running iTunes 8.0 Biohaz4d? The only reason I ask is because I know it worked with 7.7.1; however, I have not yet needed to do it since i upgraded to 8.0. Also, it is possible that it is due to your .ipas, but I'm not sure!
    Viruses
    Intruders
    Spyware
    Trojans and
    Adware

Windows Vista
    2008-09-11 03:59 AM
    Well, I JUST updated itunes to 8.0, and I did that when it was 7.7.1.
    2008-09-11 04:05 AM
    this is strange i suggest deleting /var/mobile/Media/iTunes_Control folder and re-syncing
    2008-09-11 04:22 AM
    this is strange i suggest deleting /var/mobile/Media/iTunes_Control folder and re-syncing
    The problem isn't with this folder, especially when you consider that in iTunes everything appears to be fine on the iPhone. If it wasn't, everything would show up in iTunes as "other".
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.
    2008-09-11 04:28 AM
    yea but they should at least try it it might help :/
    2008-09-11 04:33 AM
    Just tried it.

I had to reset my iPhone as a new phone, although it still had all of my content....

It didn't work.

Also, does anyone know what causes the files to go "missing"? How come there isn't a way to fix this with just SSHing?

Well, idk what fixed it. I just reset my ipod and all of my content was back.
    Last edited by Biohaz4rd; 2008-09-11 at 09:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-09-11 09:05 PM
    What do you mean under "reset"?
    2008-09-11 10:34 PM
    Reset, as in, hold down the top button and home button for 10 seconds, until it resets itself.
    2008-09-17 12:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD