To those who have upgraded to 2.1, do you think is worth it?

Any problems you have experienced during or after upgrading?

Any tips for upgrading?

Question for those with T-Mobile sim and 3G iPhone, does everything still work?

Thanks in advance for responding. Still deciding if I should upgrade or not. Your replies will greatly help me decide.
    iPhone 2G 8gb - version 1.1.4 unlocked/jailbreak (iLiberty+)
    iPhone 3G 8gb - version 2.1 unlocked (Universal Sim V550) / jailbreak (QuickPwn)
    iPhone 3G 8gb - version 3.0 unlocked (Ultrasn0w) / jailbreak (Redsn0w)
    2008-09-16 08:47 PM
    I'm on ATT and everything works great.
    2008-09-16 08:50 PM
    To those who have upgraded to 2.1, do you think is worth it? It's worth every penny I didn't spend. Reception is better, keyboard is better.

Any problems you have experienced during or after upgrading? A few Cydia apps are not working, but most are. Web seems a bit slower though, but nothing to worry about.

Any tips for upgrading? Do not restore from previous backup. Start as new phone.
    2008-09-16 09:09 PM
    seems the same. reception is the same, it just shows more bars. only thing i like is the new E and 3G icons.
    2008-09-16 09:21 PM
    2.1 is by far the best and most stable mobile OS ever released.! It is dramatically better than any 2.0.x and 1.x.x firmware. If you are not sure if you should upgrade... <<<slap>>>> what are you thinking. update foo!
    2008-09-16 10:13 PM
    Yeah, apps load a lot faster, and it finally fixed my keyboard lag! Well worth it in my book!
    16GB iPhone 3G S⃣ White
    8GB iPhone 3G Black
    30GB iPod Classic
    2008-09-17 10:18 PM
    I'm also on AT&T and am enjoying the overall better performance. It's much more enjoyable to use now. I have no complaints - just a little impatient waiting for intelliscreen to be updated. Overall, I'd give an A++ for 2.1!
    2008-09-17 10:26 PM
    It is definately worth the upgrade, on earlier firmwares my apps took 3 hours to synch, setting up 2.1 as a new phone the apps synched in 20 minutes! Backup takes no time, no keyboard lag and games seem to run a little smoother.

Some third party cydia apps are having problems, Intelliscreen only shows on the unlock screen after a re-boot (but the missed call / text alerts still work fine), iphone video recorder does crashes on loading, as does snapture and I think Winterboard has issues but I have avoided that so far.

2.1 is the firmware they should have launched app store with.
    iPhone 5s 64gb iOS 7
    rMBP 15" 16gb 500gb
    @c0ff33a and @PhoneMainiac
    2008-09-17 10:32 PM
    If you use your apps frequently, then wait till devs port them. Otherwise, go for it. Some ppl recommend against restoring from a backup, but I still dont have any problems with it, and Iphone is still working fine.
    2008-09-17 10:37 PM
    Its been pretty good to me. I have an OG iPhone on T-Mobile with 2.1 and the thing that I hated about 2.0.whatever was the slow texting and I haven't had an issue since the update.

DO IT!
    2008-09-17 10:59 PM
    I was on 1.1.4 for a while and decided to make the jump to 2.1 - it's worth it for the apps and it seems stable, pretty fast too. I can't send MMS w/Swirly MMS right now(on ATT) until someone figures out how to change the imei, but that's pretty minor compared to the improved functionality. It's definitely worth the upgrade.
    2008-09-19 04:42 PM
    yes, very much so
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings
    2008-09-19 04:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD