Yes that's right! You can get free EDGE on your iPhone with these simple steps. Get it while it's free and working!

Instructions

FOR 2G
    1.) Settings -> General -> Network -> Cellular Data Network
    2.) Change "APN" value to "epc.tmobile.com"
    3.) That's it! Make sure you have wifi turned off and maybe give your phone a few seconds to adjust.
    Make sure "EDGE" is turned on in BossPrefs; if you don't know what BossPrefs is, this probably doesn't apply to you then.

FOR 3G
    1.) Settings -> General -> Network -> Edge (
    2.) Change "APN" value to "epc.tmobile.com"
    3.) That's it! Make sure you have wifi turned off and maybe give your phone a few seconds to adjust.
    Make sure "EDGE" is turned on in BossPrefs; if you don't know what BossPrefs is, this probably doesn't apply to you then.

After you get it working, go to safari and visit http://i.dslr.net/tinyspeedtest.html for a speed test and post your results here!

Enjoy! :] (Don't forget to press the thanks button if you love me!)
    Last edited by kennyleeme; 2008-09-21 at 08:43 AM.
    2008-09-21 08:40 AM
    How do you have tmobile on a 3g iphone?
    2008-09-21 07:01 PM
    gonna test now, lets see if its true

works fine. just tested.
    Last edited by questioncom; 2008-09-21 at 07:58 PM.
    2008-09-21 07:53 PM
    Unlocked via a Sim Unlocker or bought unlocked by supplier/carrier i.e. some European and Asian carriers.
    2008-09-21 08:06 PM
    i just removed my t zones. lets see how long it lasts
    2008-09-21 08:12 PM
    I don't have the 5.99 or 19.99 t-zone, will this work for me?

bump, will i get charged for every kb since I dont have internet with tmobile?
    Last edited by lunasicc; 2008-09-26 at 08:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-09-26 08:12 PM
    I have a pay as you go T-Mobile Plan. This does not work for me. When using Safari, I get a web page message stating "Your plan does not support this feature."

I currently am not running Boss Prefs. Would this make any difference? I assume my Edge is turned on anyway since I see the E icon. Do you think adding Boss Prefs would make any difference?

Edit: What is interesting to note is that in order to get that web page with the "Your plan does not..." message, my iPhone is accessing the Edge network to download that message page. So I am getting at least one page over Edge for free. LOL.
    Last edited by Nukie; 2008-09-27 at 08:51 AM.
    2008-09-27 12:43 AM
    some page still work. but it cant be a general url like yahoo.com or google.com it has to be something like youtube - Google Search for it to work
    2008-11-16 12:34 AM
    THIS IS NOT UNLIMITED FREE DATA AT ALL!!!!
    if you do not have tzones or unlimited internet on ur plan
    YOU CANNOT ACCESS INTERNET!!

LIARS!
    2008-11-16 03:50 AM
    will this charge you if you dont have internet for tmobile?
    2008-11-16 03:58 AM
    Suddenly, two months later...

That aside, T-mobile closed this little hole a while ago. It was opened when they switched over their addresses or something. Afaik theres no new way to get free data from tmobile.
    2008-11-16 07:11 AM
    I'm brand new to this forum and RARELY get online for forums, posting, etc, but a search brought up this 'hack' to receive internet on my jailbroken/unlocked iphone 3G with the $50 Unlimited 'pay as you go' plan with tMobile....
    So I didn't read anything but the 'how to' and did it - IT is WORKING....
    Many people had weird results, and this is an OLD thread...
    But It's Nov. 18th, 2010 and I am JUST using this and it worked - I don't have a CLUE if I'm being charged for this, I hope not.
    . . But it's working all the same.
    So I guess the questions I have, which one could email me concerning...
    Am I getting charged?
    If not, HOW does this loophole work?
    Why are some users claiming they CAN'T get this working?

Thank you muchly!
    2010-11-18 11:10 PM
    what about for a newer 3gs & changing my apn to epc.tmobile.com would that mess with my apn now which is wap.voicestream.com for my picture messages??
    please can someone confirm and help me out...
    2011-02-12 05:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD