User Tag List

Hello, i'm new here having sussed out most things to do with my iphone on my own.

However i'm having real trouble transferring my music using itunes, 9 out of 10 times the songs just come up as individiual folders on the iphone. I know it's something to do with the id3 tags but that's where i get lost!

Is there another way apart from itunes to get folders on there (iphone 3g 2.1fw) I did see mediamonkey but that doesn't support 2.1

My iphone is jailbroken btw, this is doing my nut in!

BTW, great site, bookmarked it now!

Neil
    2008-09-22 10:47 PM
    Hello, i'm new here having sussed out most things to do with my iphone on my own.

However i'm having real trouble transferring my music using itunes, 9 out of 10 times the songs just come up as individiual folders on the iphone. I know it's something to do with the id3 tags but that's where i get lost!

Is there another way apart from itunes to get folders on there (iphone 3g 2.1fw) I did see mediamonkey but that doesn't support 2.1

My iphone is jailbroken btw, this is doing my nut in!

BTW, great site, bookmarked it now!

Neil
    Hi Northernmonkey, welcome to the board. How far North are you ?

Congrats on your iPhone 3G and also the jailbreak

As for your music problem, have a check out of FixTunes - Fix Your MP3 Tags and Names, Add Album Art and Remove Duplicates and see if its what you need.

Regards
    2008-09-22 11:01 PM
    if its that songs are creating seperate albums in coverflow, even though they are from the same album, hi-light them all and check the album artist / artist + album tags and make them the same and click ok, should be ok now.

as for an alternative, pass, i have learned to live with itunes like this
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker
    2008-09-22 11:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD