I need to bring my iPhone into the apple store for repairs, and I don't want them to know that its jailbroken (obviously). I've already restored it, but is there anything else I need to do to make sure its completely unjailbroken? It's a 3G iphone running 2.1, jailbroken using pwnage.
    2008-09-23 02:27 AM
    nope..youre good to go...i would sync back my contacts..some of my music..move some icons to a different places....just to make believe that it is my phone that i have been using it as is.
    2008-09-23 02:34 AM
    If they hook it up to their system they can tell. The iphone keeps a log of everything that is done to it.
    2008-09-23 04:12 AM
    hum never heard of that... noo, ur good to go when it restored its just as stock as it can be.
    2008-09-23 07:32 AM
    Middle of the road answer: the iPhone does keep a log; however, they have no reason to check the log if they don't suspect anything. So don't wear your "I heart jailbreak" t-shirt and you should be fine!
    2008-09-23 08:58 AM
    it's funny, I just saw a file called jailbreak log when I was sshing into my phone. Quickpwns work most likely, but you never know, you never know.
    2008-09-23 09:17 AM
    If they hook it up to their system they can tell. The iphone keeps a log of everything that is done to it.
    So where is the log kept ?
    I don't drink kool-Aid, I don't join cults.
    This is why I break out in cold sweat going to Apple retail store.
    2012-03-16 08:47 PM
    I have brought back Iphones for repair/replacement both in Germany and in Canada and there is no issue once it is restored.
    Do not worry just bring it in and be done with it.
    2012-03-16 10:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD