User Tag List

Before i upgraded firmware to 2.1 i had 2.02, my youtube didnt work, i used quickpwn. then when i upgraded to 2.1 through itunes, it locked my phone again but my youtube still wasnt working and i just jailbroke my phone using quickpwn for 2.1 and still doesnt work.. any ideas?
    2008-09-25 02:11 AM
    Depending on your provider, YouTube doesnt work well over edge. Actually, I have a friend with AT&T running a 2g, and his YouTube doesnt work on edge either. If your desperate though, go to tinytube.net. That does work over edge but the quality is far from wonderful (it gives you an edge/wifi option for every video).

Edit:

Or are you talking about it not working even with wireless?
    Viruses
    Intruders
    Spyware
    Trojans and
    Adware

Windows Vista
    2008-09-25 02:19 AM
    ive tried it on edge and on wifi and none of them work... ive always had this problem.. everytime i would have it restored with itunes it would work but as soon as i jailbreak it, it stops working, and ive used all the possible fixes there are and nothing
    2008-09-25 02:21 AM
    Thats interesting. I believe if you use Winpwn (assuming you have a pc, otherwise pwnage works just as well), they give you an option to activate youtube. It's been a while since ive had to, because its remained activated. I hate to give you gloom and doom news, but you may have to repwn again!
    Viruses
    Intruders
    Spyware
    Trojans and
    Adware

Windows Vista
    2008-09-25 02:33 AM
    I figured so... is there one that works with 2.1? i used quickpwn cause it was the only one available at the time. Also do i choose to activate youtube or not? i think i read somewhere that you leave that option unchecked, same as regular activation.
    2008-09-25 02:35 AM
    No, you want to activate youtube if its not working. And in terms of the compatability with 2.1, I did it back on 2.0. So I havent had to deal with it since. It might be an option for you to downgrade and repwn using an older winpwn/pwnage, but that seems like a roundabout way to achieve the same results.

Good Luck!
    Viruses
    Intruders
    Spyware
    Trojans and
    Adware

Windows Vista
    2008-09-25 02:53 AM
    thanks!
    2008-09-25 02:55 AM
    since I put in the APN setting, epc.tmobile.com my youtube works fine on edge also download MxTube from cydia better app for youtube.
    2008-09-25 10:21 AM
    isnt MxTube only to download videos or are you able to watch them when you enter the app? I had it in my first gen phone and it will only let me download not play them without downloading. Also can i do put my APN settings on mine? im running cingular with a 3G..thanks
    2008-09-25 02:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD