So, my WiFi has been acting up... It works perfectly fine on my laptop, but discovering it on my phone has been an issue. When it does show up, I try to connect to it, and when it does connect, it disappears quickly, and I'm left without it. Why would my phone do this? Anyone? Thanks in advance.

Brandon
    2008-09-26 05:58 AM
    I have the same problem and tried restoring to many different firmwares, but doesn't work Wifi chip blown! I am searching for a new one to replace...
    2008-09-26 12:10 PM
    home wifi? if so reset the router. if not router take it back to apple for replacement.
    2008-09-26 04:28 PM
    nope, all wifi. my warranty busted and iPhone 2G warranty in India by the way!
    2008-09-26 04:36 PM
    2nd on the router reset. My laptop was fine too and restored my iPhone a bunch oftimes. But resetting the router is what fixed it.
    2008-09-26 04:48 PM
    So, I tried connecting to a neighbors WiFi, and it's doing the same thing... It'll connect briefly, but disconnect immediately. I think the WiFi chip is shot. It's a 1st generation iPhone, though... Will the Apple Store be able to replace that on-site, or will I have to wait for a replacement to be mailed out? rawr. Thanks for your guys' help. Have a great night!

Brandon
    2008-09-27 04:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD