i had a bad experience with my iphone 2g I GOT it and unlocked it with ziphone and jailbreak ofcourse
    after 3 days the phone got stuck on apple logo and i tried to restore and DFU on mac and windows, tried different versions with no hope
    finally i sold it and got the new iphone 3G 16GB black
    and i unlocked it via Gevey-3G sim adapter
    and i am afraid to jailbreak it because i can see many members around the forum got stuck in DFU and apple logo with no back and for sure i cant enjoy my phone
    so my question am i right?
    is there any way to get my phone to out of box state ?
    what is the safest jailbreak method
    thanks alot in advance
    2008-09-27 04:07 PM
    I've unlocked and jailbroken many a phone... I haven't hit an irrecoverable lock-up yet... ((knocks on wood)) Now, I HAVE heard of people messing up phones with those hardware unlocking sim cards...

Safest Jailbreak method is WinPwn or Pwnage. For 2.1, using QuickPwn is the fastest and safest, in my opinion.
    2008-09-27 06:52 PM
    why for 2.1 quickpwn is the safest ?
    u tried it for 2.1 ?
    i am afraid if stuck
    2008-09-28 10:07 AM
    Don't know about safest, but it's definitely the easiest. None of those random errors that itunes likes throwing out every now and then.
    2008-09-28 10:31 AM
    Oh yeah I have 2 phone wouldn't even come on for me cause of this and now this one work but no wifi, have no idea why wifi ain't working kind a suck not being able to use you tube Cydia or safari.
    2008-10-05 07:34 AM
    Oh yeah I have 2 phone wouldn't even come on for me cause of this and now this one work but no wifi, have no idea why wifi ain't working kind a suck not being able to use you tube Cydia or safari.
    well ur wifi issue could be fixed there was a sticky topic in the section of jailbreak how to fix such issue
    take a backup
    restore
    rejailbreak
    good luck
    2008-10-05 12:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD