User Tag List

I posted this in the SFTP Wiki discussion area, but I'm not sure anyone is paying too much attention over there.

I updated my previously pwned 16GB iPhone 3G to FW 2.1 via Pwnage 2.1. Now I'm having a problem SSHing files from my computer to my 3G. I have tried using Cyberduck and Fugu on OS X and WinSCP on my PC at work, and although the connection is successful, I cannot place files into the Themes folder. I get a message indicating "permission denied".

I have no trouble viewing the content of the 3G, so the SSH protocol appears to be proper. I was also able to place a file and create a folder on the 3G in the /private/var/mobile/documents folder and remove it, but could not do either in the Themes or Wallpaper folders.

On OS X, the file transfer starts, but stops with only a partial upload before giving the message. The permissions are at 755. I have tried resetting permissions using the browser (finder), Boss Prefs, and chmod via Terminal to no avail with multiple reboots of the device.

I have removed and re-installed OpenSSH several times, and re-pwned the iPhone. This iPhone worked flawlessly with OpenSSH and FW 2.0 prior to the update.

Cydia is great, but I want to be able to add my own theme elements.

Am I missing something about setting permissions?
    Is there another fault I may have not considered?
    Where's my magic wand when I really need it?
    What's the meaning of life?

OK, OK, I don't really expect anyone to have answers for all of these questions, but any help will be greatly appreciated.
    There are 10 types of people in the world...
    ...those that understand binary and those that have friends.

iMac (2.8 GHz, 4GB, OS X 10.5.8) | iPhone 3G (16GB, White)
    | iPod Touch 8GB
    2008-10-02 10:36 PM
    Am I missing something about setting permissions?
    -It all looks good but make sure the iphone doesnt lock when ur in WinSCP
    Is there another fault I may have not considered?
    -Not sure but ill look into it more
    Where's my magic wand when I really need it?
    -Thats between you and your physician to talk about (or gynecologist)
    What's the meaning of life?
    -To live, reproduce, and die....oh and to have fun the whole way thorugh
    2008-10-04 06:22 PM
    I have my 3G set to never lock, so whether using WinSCP on Windoze or Cyberduck on OS X, the phone is always awake.

It's a mystery to me why some folders with identical permissions will allow files to be written and others won't.
    There are 10 types of people in the world...
    ...those that understand binary and those that have friends.

iMac (2.8 GHz, 4GB, OS X 10.5.8) | iPhone 3G (16GB, White)
    | iPod Touch 8GB
    2008-10-08 06:45 PM