User Tag List

So today I decide to really check the call reliability on my iPhone (running 1.1.3 upgraded from 1.1.2 on T-Mobile)...

I put my phone on my desk, got my first house phone then called my iPhone... rings twice, goes to voicemail - I saw no call on the iPhone ... I repeat process five minutes later with a different house phone... same effect, tried it again later, and it worked...

Why is this?
    2008-02-28 05:39 AM
    same thing started to happen to me when i upgraded to 1.1.3
    2008-02-28 05:44 AM
    I think it may have something to do with EDGE... if it is in the middle of doing something, say checking email or updating weather and someone is calling you - the call will not come through, when EDGE is inactive, calls always come through... is there a way to fix this?
    2008-02-28 06:19 PM
    The number of rings before going to voicemail on a wireless device is based on signal strength. You can change the ring count to maximum, however it will still be based on signal strength. If you're in a tunnel, subway, and have no service... straight to voicemail. If you have one or two bars, weak signal, maybe 1, 2 or 3 rings before it goes to voicemail. This is a setting of your wireless carrier.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.
    2008-02-28 06:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD