User Tag List

How it happened?

I just went to installer looking for the Volume hack then I found KATE and downloaded it.

After download was done, I pressed the HOME [] button and that's when things went crazy.

It started loading in a black screen for a long period of time and after that it took me to the boot apple logo and it's still there since half hour.

Don't tell me I have to hard reset/restore again...
    Last edited by Hark; 2008-10-08 at 06:05 AM. Reason: Typo
    2008-10-08 06:02 AM
    Congratulations. Your among the first people EVER to brick an iPhone out of the millions sold.

.......... or you need to do a restore. One of the two.
    Iíve been here almost 12 years, 10k posts, 1100 thanks. I donít need post approval.
    2008-10-08 06:09 AM
    Well I can just restore with the holding home and power button at the same time with the usb plugged in.

Why can't you just answer my question please...
    2008-10-08 06:16 AM
    If your computer can recognize your phone, try getting to the files and deleting the volume hack. Then see if your phone will start up normally. Use Diskaid or whatever you use to get to your files..
    2008-10-08 06:20 AM
    Well I can just restore with the holding home and power button at the same time with the usb plugged in.

Why can't you just answer my question please...
    I did answer your question. RESTORE IT.
    Iíve been here almost 12 years, 10k posts, 1100 thanks. I donít need post approval.
    2008-10-08 06:27 AM
    I just finished restoring.

I never found the volume hack, that's why I tried to install KATE thinking that programa might have some volume hacking options.

If your computer can recognize your phone, try getting to the files and deleting the volume hack. Then see if your phone will start up normally. Use Diskaid or whatever you use to get to your files..
    Man.. I'm not so expert on this phone yet. I don't even know that Diskaid program and much lesser how to work with it.

but thanks anyways.
    Last edited by Hark; 2008-10-08 at 06:47 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-10-08 06:47 AM
    diskaid is an app for your computer that can access your phone's directory. normally people would use that method to delete an app they had just installed that seems to be preventing their phones from booting up. kate, however, is slightly more complicated than just deleting the app so i'm not sure if that would have even worked...

i would recommend going to cydia for your applications rather than installer.
    2008-10-08 08:06 PM
    diskaid is an app for your computer that can access your phone's directory. normally people would use that method to delete an app they had just installed that seems to be preventing their phones from booting up. kate, however, is slightly more complicated than just deleting the app so i'm not sure if that would have even worked...

i would recommend going to cydia for your applications rather than installer.
    Thank you very much.

I use WINscp instead... maybe Diskaid is better?
    Is there a way to backup what you download in Cydia?
    2008-10-08 09:17 PM
    i don't know as i'm on a mac but you're fine sticking with winscp.

download aptbackup in cydia to back up a list of cydia apps. it doesn't back up the actual apps themselves. search for aptbackup in cydia and read for more information. or refer to iPhone News & Review for more info
    2008-10-08 09:20 PM
    i don't know as i'm on a mac but you're fine sticking with winscp.

download aptbackup in cydia to back up a list of cydia apps. it doesn't back up the actual apps themselves. search for aptbackup in cydia and read for more information. or refer to iPhone News & Review for more info
    Thanks!

last question: Now that I have the backups, if I restore, how do I keep those backups? since they are within Cydia.
    2008-10-08 11:41 PM
    follow the steps here iPhone News & Review Ľ Blog Archive Ľ How To Upgrade In iTunes
    tells ya everything...
    2008-10-09 02:52 AM
    follow the steps here iPhone News & Review Ľ Blog Archive Ľ How To Upgrade In iTunes
    tells ya everything...
    got it, thanks.
    2008-10-09 04:04 AM
    Ok good I was gonna suggest something else but I'm happy you have it worked out.
    Get streetwear for cheap here.
    2008-10-09 07:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD