User Tag List

hey i jailbroke/unlocked my 2g iphone on 2.1 using quickpwn used cydia to get a bunch of apps and used app backup to backup the apps{since my jailbroken iphones/ipod touches tend to crash and need a restore} so a few minutes later i crashed and restored. now app backups instructions say that to get your apps back you should restore from backup on itunes, open app backup and press restore....however as soon as i do restore from backup my iphone gets the spinning wheel and vibrates every 5 sec. then every few minutes it switches itself on and off....i left it sitting for a full day in case it was just stuck on something but still nothing...btw ssh wouldnt connect even though the phone had a ip address. anybody know how to fix this
    2008-10-08 12:14 PM
    ssh won't connect because it isn't installed yet. did you use to have five icon dock installed? if so, you want to install that first prior to restoring from back up. refer to this guide here on big boss's site:

iPhone News & Review Blog Archive How To Upgrade In iTunes
    2008-10-08 07:00 PM
    thanks thats just what i needed

ok hold that...now no matter what i do the iphone goes into the apple logo screen and stays there even after repawning it and restoring it and no matter what else i do....someone help please

ok hold that...now no matter what i do the iphone goes into the apple logo screen and stays there even after repawning it and restoring it and no matter what else i do....someone help please
    Last edited by ezbaiby; 2008-10-10 at 01:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-10-10 01:02 PM
    at waht stage does it get stuck on the apple logo? is this after you restore from a backup?
    2008-10-10 03:17 PM
    its random sometimes its in middle of downloading from cydia and it reboots...sometimes i start an app and it gets stuck and goes to the apple logo etc etc etc
    2008-10-10 06:42 PM