I just got my sweet new iPhone in the mail, and want to correct a few mistakes I made with the old one. The main issue with mine is the way I organize my apps. I used "Categories", and, though efficient, it took so long to load. I even tried allowing it to run in the background, but it seemed like it always ended up loading each folder when I wanted it. Are there better ways to organize apps?
    2008-10-22 10:30 PM
    dock and catagories seem to run much smoother/ faster than they used to. i really liked dock, but if ur going to poof all icons make sure to get some blank/transparent icons to leave on screen or the phone will go into continues reboot.. i uselly just have a bunch of screens each screen is a diffrent catagorie
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!
    2008-10-23 03:22 AM
    i treid catergories but prefer to put similar things on there own window.
    games and fun stuff on the 1st screen(and latest installs)then ipod,maps calc,clock,weather etc next. 3rd is for installer,cydia,settings.boss prefs,winterboard,then i put the ones i use the least away to the right.
    i love flicking across the screens.all that power at my disposall
    2008-10-27 01:52 AM
    I actually love categories; it just takes too long to load and the "backgrounding" setting rarely works
    2008-10-27 01:59 AM
    No problems using Categories here.
    2008-10-27 02:11 AM
    Well, what could I be doing wrong?
    2008-11-02 03:50 PM
    Use quickgold. I put 80% of my apps in categories to clean up the look of the home screen. When you want to use an app just search with quickgold and it starts up, no loading. Best setup i have tried.
    2008-11-02 06:13 PM
    Use quickgold. I put 80% of my apps in categories to clean up the look of the home screen. When you want to use an app just search with quickgold and it starts up, no loading. Best setup i have tried.
    OMG You fixed my problem! Thanks a ton
    2008-11-02 11:27 PM
    I agree quickgold rules!
    2008-11-03 06:34 AM
    Quickgold slows my phone down for some reason. I just organize my pages and tap the page indicators to scroll through them.
    2008-11-03 03:22 PM
    I really like dock and my preference is to find a way to use it most effectively. Is there a way to tell dock not to open when you touch the screen on certain apps?
    2008-11-03 03:38 PM
    Is there a way to auto arrange your icons? I have 6 pages and sometimes they get messed up and have spaces on pages and dragging is annoying. Any way to organize them all alphabetically?
    2008-11-03 05:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD