User Tag List

My fist generation 8g ( bought the first day) Iphone has developed this annoying problem that started occasionally but now happens all of the time.

I cannot speak or hear unless the headphones are in. Nothing. Nada.
    Also I am getting the occasional NO SIM CARD which occurs sometimes but is fixed with a reboot.

Anyone else have this happen, know anyways to fix it or have any info on it?

I have pretty much been jailbreaking the phone since the early days and hope that this couldn't be the cause of my problems. Any help would be so appreciated.
    2008-10-25 09:16 PM
    Does music play through your external speaker?

Could either be a broke speaker or......You just need to "clean" the headphone jack.

Otherwise, I would try a restore.
    2008-10-25 09:59 PM
    Tried a couple of restores, cleaned the headphone jack and I dont think its the speaker, as the speakerphone is the only way I can talk if I dont have the headphones plugged in.

Also failed to mention this one on last post. If i increase the volume with the headphones not plugged in it still says volume (headphones) indicating that it thinks the headphones are plugged in.
    2008-10-25 10:08 PM
    it's the headphone jack, there is a small bar running up the inside. pull it out a little bit with a pick. its stuck in.
    Iíve been here almost 12 years, 10k posts, 1100 thanks. I donít need post approval.
    2008-10-25 11:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD