User Tag List

Just thought I'd mention this but recently I was caught out in some seriously bad rainy weather. My car was nearly swept away in a flood and I was trying to make a call on my iphone but the screen was wet and there was noway I could get the iphone to respond to my touch and make a call.

This situation does show up a serious limitation of the iphone

Anyone know a way around this problem?
    Eric's iPhone 4 4.01 offically unlocked
    2008-10-26 08:38 PM
    ^^Dont let it get wet ;(

Besides the screen not responding when wet, you stand a good chance of frying the phone.
    2008-10-26 08:46 PM
    Well, its a tradeoff.

Capacitive Touchscreens have this issue. Atleast you dont have to jam your finger into the screen like Resistive screens.
    2008-10-26 08:50 PM
    Hey, I'm just glad that you were more concerned about your iPhone not working in torrential rain than you were about your car being swept away! That's what Steve Jobs has done to us!!!

Hope everything's okay now Buddy.
    Last edited by iGuy; 2008-10-26 at 09:48 PM.
    2008-10-26 09:43 PM
    lmao glad youre alright...

forget the phone. i spilled hawaiian punch on mine and it still worked before i sold it and upgraded. sit it on a heater for a day or 2. it should be good.
    mrsidewayzz
    iPhone 2G 16GB, iPod Classic 120GB
    MacBook 13.3" 2.0ghz 250GB 2GB
    YNSA, USN
    2008-10-26 09:47 PM
    I also heard that DVD players don't work in Space. MAJOR LIMITATION.
    To live, you have to lie
    2008-10-26 10:30 PM
    ^^Are you serious? Crap, thats it....cancelling the vacation.
    2008-10-26 10:48 PM
    But they do! You just need a bloody long cable.
    2008-10-26 10:55 PM
    ^^Vaca still on!
    2008-10-26 10:59 PM
    ^^Dont let it get wet ;(

Besides the screen not responding when wet, you stand a good chance of frying the phone.
    If You read my location you will realise that keeping an iphone dry at this time of year would prevent me from going outside

All I was pointing out is that in a potentaily dangerous situation where driving rain left me no chance of keeping the phone dry I was unable to make even an emergency call. The iphone was not damaged by the rain storm as I was able to keep it sheltered under my goretex jacket but I was not able to keep it dry enough to make the call!!!!

Now if there was an app that would recognise a sequence of home button presses and dial a pre determined number that might have helped me out.

Can anyone make such an app?
    Eric's iPhone 4 4.01 offically unlocked
    2008-10-27 07:48 PM
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

there goes a waste in buying my aliens trilogy boxset.....awww man!
    2008-10-27 07:56 PM
    this is a serious problem. i ran into a similar problem over the summer, i put my coupe into a wall during a rain storm in the middle of a road trip. someplace in KY on i65 in the hills.

I was soaking wet and had alot of trouble using my iPhone. i was however able to find something to keep drying my phone.
    2008-10-27 08:49 PM