Hi there I use to personally own an unlocked 2g iphone, version 1.1.4, before I gave it away. I remember there were so many different types of applications you could get on your iphoe. I recently helped a friend unlock his new 2g iphone that he had under warrenty, but after unlocking it i decided to browse through installer and cydia. i noticed that there weren't as many as there had use to be... So my question is, where have all the apps gone? Am I lacking installer/cydia sources or are they all being submitted to the app store. I appreciate all the developers hard work making their applications, and i respect that they want to make some cash from their apps but im just wondering where all the apps went.

bump
    Last edited by x0bry7x; 2008-11-08 at 05:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-11-08 05:10 PM
    I never owned a 2g iphone or any Ipods before 2.0, but I believe most of the games have been submitted to the appstore and a lot of apps have been replaced (e.g. Customize and Summerboard replaced by Winterboard). Also, many apps are still being ported to firmware 2.x
    Cydia urinates on installer from a great height.
    Thank me if you find that quote funny or if I helped
    2008-11-08 06:22 PM
    I am wondering the same thing as the OP.

I had a 1.1.4 2G iphone then I decided to get rid of it. Now I picked up another one for cheap. On 2.1, it seems like nothing is readily available through Installer/Cydia.
    2008-11-08 07:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD