Ok guys im having an issue with the stock SMS text message app on my jailbroken iphone 3g on 2.1 firmware.
    Just the other day i got a text message and when i opened it i noticed that when i scolled thru the message there was graphical type distortions on the top and the bottom of the screen.. And it frequently occurs now but i only notice it in the SMS app. the problem seems to correct itself if i close the SMS app and reopen it. But then it reoccurs again several texts later.

Has anyone else had or heard of this problem? And does this sound like a hardware problem with the phone or possibly just some sort of OS data corruption thats correctable with a restore?
    I really hate to restore the phone cause of all the cool apps and themes i have installed but if i gotta do it ill possibly wait till firmware 2.2 comes out later this month.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated
    2008-11-12 08:14 AM
    Screenshots would help us see what's going on?
    2008-11-12 08:15 AM
    Thats a Great idea, i dont know why i havnt thought of that. I wonder if the built in iphone screenshot (home plus power/lock button) will capture the distortion? I will try to have everybody text me today so i can get some screenshots up.
    2008-11-12 05:22 PM
    I have had this issue too. Sometimes the bottom text box is gone too. I need to exit SMS and wait a sec and go back into it. I think it has to do with Winterboard and the font you have installed.
    2008-11-12 10:14 PM
    This isn't uncommon. Little stuff like flickering... and issue with the bottom text box being gone... and misc other weird stuff is just side effects of jailbreaking/winterboard/sms themes/mobile substrate... etc.
    2008-11-12 10:19 PM
    I have had this issue too. Sometimes the bottom text box is gone too. I need to exit SMS and wait a sec and go back into it. I think it has to do with Winterboard and the font you have installed.
    well i have no fonts installed and it does it reguardless of weather i have an sms theme applied with winterboard or if its just the stock apple theme.

I was thinkin i had a unique problem at first. I've been googleing this problem and have not been able to get any results and i was scared i might have some sort of physical hardware problem with my phone cause i have had my other 2 2g iphones unlocked and jailbroken for quite a while now and have never seen this.I have also had my 3G jailbroken for months now and this problem just arose a few days ago. Maybe its a unique problem for the 2.1 firmware. But now that i see other people have heard of or had this problem too makes me a lil more at ease.
    2008-11-13 02:43 AM
    This isn't uncommon. Little stuff like flickering... and issue with the bottom text box being gone... and misc other weird stuff is just side effects of jailbreaking/winterboard/sms themes/mobile substrate... etc.
    I've had every single one of those issues,
    closing the SMS app and then re-opening it fixed it everytime. Sure it's annoying sometimes but it only happens once in a blue moon
    2008-11-13 03:46 AM
    I've had every single one of those issues,
    closing the SMS app and then re-opening it fixed it everytime. Sure it's annoying sometimes but it only happens once in a blue moon
    really? It happens to me several times a day sometimes. And then other days like today i text everybody under the sun trying to get it to reoccur so i can take a screenshot and i cant get it to happen once. Go figure
    2008-11-13 04:12 AM
    Ok Guys i've Been Trying To Get a Screenshot for days now but every time i try to use the built in screenshot on the iphone it just corrects the problem and takes a screenshot of a perfectly normal SMS screen. Maybe ill just have to take a physical picture with my other iphone cause i do not own a regular digital camera.
    2008-11-16 06:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD