Ok so lately ( I think due to some AT&T problems) I have been having horrible reception in my dorm and less than average reception around my campus and i was wondering if the phone is constantly checking for service is that something that will have a negative affect on battery life? My battery life is fine now, it could be better i guess but im not complaining, im just curious about if constantly having 'No Service" would have a negative affect on my battery's performance. Thanks
    iLive an iLife
    2008-11-18 06:56 AM
    I doubt you would ever notice a difference.
    2008-11-18 07:10 AM
    Oh i was just wondering because i heard if you iphone is constantly checking for a signal, which mine is, it makes it work harder and drains the battery faster or something. Idk lol but if thats not the case nvm then
    iLive an iLife
    2008-11-18 07:58 AM
    Oh i was just wondering because i heard if you iphone is constantly checking for a signal, which mine is, it makes it work harder and drains the battery faster or something. Idk lol but if thats not the case nvm then
    In my experience, I want to say that's true. I have pretty good reception at my apartment, and my battery life is very decent. But when I stay over at my gf's house, where I'm battling between Edge/3G, most of the time ends up on Edge, my battery drains faster.
    2008-11-18 08:11 AM
    My phone struggles to even keep 1 bar of edge let alone 3G in places around my school so thats why i was wondering
    iLive an iLife
    2008-11-18 08:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD