i cant not deleted any of my message on my hotmail account... it give me the error that say: the message could not be moved to the mailbox Trash....what give any one know of a fix?? this only happen with my hotmail account my mobile me and gmail work fine
    2008-11-24 04:52 PM
    I can't figure out how to get hotmail on my phone without going through a webservice. I hope it gets fixed for you.
    2008-11-24 05:13 PM
    yeah i use izymail....does anyone have this issue
    2008-11-24 06:29 PM
    i am not having the problem with hotmail but with mobileme.

After i upgrade to 2.2 the inbox is not updating with the server. any clue ?

is not deleting, is not importing, nothing.
    A.
    2008-11-24 06:36 PM
    well, i'm having this same issue after my upgrade. i downloaded the restore file (went from 1.1.4 to 2.2) pwnd it and now i can't delete mail from the phone on all of my accounts. aol, gmail and yahoo. any suggestions?
    2008-12-23 04:08 PM
    FOR AOL EMAIL USERS...

Known bug is the inability to delete AOL mail on the iPhone/iPod. I found a couple of workarounds. I’ve tested both – they work.

First one (deleted mail stays within AOL):

Log into your AOL account. If using only the webmail version (which I did), login at http://www.aol.com. Under My Folders (in webmail, can be found in the left-hand menu), create a folder called “Trash” or “Trashbin,” etc.

Now go into Settings on the iPhone/iPod.

Under Mail, Contacts, Calendar - select your AOL email account. Scroll down and select Advanced. Select the Deleted Mailbox. Now select the folder you just created in AOL (to get a checkmark). Note: you may need to refresh the folder listing, and/or respring the iPhone/iPod for the new folder to show up.

Second one (deleted mail stays only on the iPhone/iPod):

On the iPhone/iPod, go into Settings/Mail, Contacts, Calendar, and select your AOL email account. Scroll down and select Advanced. Select Spam (to get a checkmark). Scroll to the top of the screen, and select Trash (you’ll get a checkmark). Spam should no longer be checked, but it should be grayed out. Now go try and delete an email.

That’s it.

If you have any problems setting it up, let me know.
    Last edited by dkaye; 2009-01-05 at 04:02 AM. Reason: This is for AOL mail, not hotmail.
    2009-01-05 03:59 AM
    I bet the guy above me searched on google:

Keyword: can't delete email iPhone
    Android user suffering from iPhone withdraw.
    2009-01-05 02:34 PM
    I bet the guy above me searched on google:

Keyword: can't delete email iPhone
    You're half wrong.

Since AOL is loading in IMAP, there is no default trashcan in the folders available. I encountered the same situation when I set up my own mail server on the iPhone, and used that same solution as described in #1 above. Should also work for other IMAP mail servers.

You're right as it relates to #2, but it wasn't through a google search - it was through the apple forums. What difference does it matter where it came from, it's a solution to a problem.

My preference is still the first option as at least I can still manage the deleted items from both the iPhone and the web, and not just the phone itself.
    2009-01-06 04:18 AM
    Thanks dkaye, it was so annoying to not be able to delete my messages
    2009-01-06 05:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD