User Tag List

I was wondering if there is a volume boost for 2.2 yet? i haven't seen it in cydia from iclarified yet, and desperately need this. If you know of a repo that has it or have directions on doing it on 2.2 please post. Thanks, Jared

Somebody has to know.
    Last edited by jaredb03; 2008-11-26 at 05:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-11-26 05:14 PM
    Have volume boosts worked for you in the past? I remember downloading a volume boosts a while back when I had either 1.1.3 or 1.1.4 (don't remember which one exactly)but I never really noticed any difference. I wonder if on 2.2 would be any difference. I have not seeing any repos proving a 2.2 volume boosts but I will sure like to give it a try as soon as it comes out.
    2008-11-26 05:26 PM
    yes they defiantly worked on 1.1.4, 2.0, and 2.1. I usually just download them off of cydia but there is nothing on there right now, and i cant here for sh*t.
    2008-11-26 06:25 PM
    Volume boost in one the best things offered from cydia. Such a simple thing yet it requires a jailbreak! Thanks a lot apple.

jonman's - Powered by vBulletin
    2008-11-26 06:30 PM
    Personally I've found 2.2 to be louder and clearer than 2.1 or anything previous. I've never found the volume boost options to be very good, my favourite solution found on this site was the old trick of using a pin to punch through the membrane behind the speaker holes works great for my 18month old 2G and has caused no harm. Not sure what is possible on 3G though
    Eric's iPhone 4 4.01 offically unlocked
    2008-11-26 06:33 PM
    What I did was to create a ringtone from my music library and so far it is louder than the standard ringtones the iphone comes with from factory. However, if too much noise is around, or I am for instance watching TV in the living room and the phone is in the bedroom, I normally cannot hear it. I remember my old Nokia, that thing was loud. I wish the iPhone was as loud.
    2008-11-26 07:54 PM
    As I recall it, Apple got sued for people going deaf due to ipods so they limited the sound levels to avoid this. If that is indeed the reason for the low audio volumes, surely it would be possible to fix it so ring tones were not limited but other audio from the headphone socket was. Assuming that would be possible it would avoid yet another criticism for apple
    Eric's iPhone 4 4.01 offically unlocked
    2008-11-26 08:11 PM
    Good idea to raise the volume of ringtones but my issue with the speaker volume is during calls. I find myself putting the speaker next to my ear to hear anything, as I would with the actual earpiece. Know why I mean? This is what I want changed or an app for. To raise the speakerphone volume during calls.
    2008-11-26 09:40 PM
    Good idea to raise the volume of ringtones but my issue with the speaker volume is during calls. I find myself putting the speaker next to my ear to hear anything, as I would with the actual earpiece. Know why I mean? This is what I want changed or an app for. To raise the speakerphone volume during calls.
    Got cha.. I totally agree that it should be a little louder. After all, if it is too loud there is a precious button on the side to turn the volume down. I do not see why wouldn't apple make the speakers louder. However, this is just my personal opinion. I hardly use speakerphone unless I am in a very quiet area or else I would hardly hear to the party on the other side.
    2008-11-26 10:40 PM
    i used to mess around with CDMA phones and change things around in the back end. it was kinda like re-coding the phone. blablabla, anyways... i wish i could do some of the things i did on the iPhone that i did with those phones. ie: volume!!! there were numbers 1-1000 to change volume of rings, mic, earpeice, etc. default was around 440 or so. this would be sweet.
    2008-11-26 10:45 PM
    the volume boosts are located in the iclarified repo but im yet to see one for 2.2 as far as the volume goes ive been fighting this one for a while and cant find a solution other than installing those volume boosts. as far as the pin trick i would like more info on this if i could please
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.
    2008-11-26 10:51 PM
    cricket, i have heard NOT to use the "pin trick" with the 3g's. wont work or there is no screen and you will ruin the speaker. i am NOT a guru and please dont quote me. just what i have heard.
    as far as the volume hacks, NON WORK. there is NO differance. i have tested and tested and tested.. no difference. is one comes out for 2.2 then i will try it of course, but non have worked yet.

i will truley believe a volume hack works when i have an app that appears on my screen and there is a bar to move side to side to adjust the volume and i find myself seeing that hard to believe.
    2008-11-26 11:01 PM
    cricket, i have heard NOT to use the "pin trick" with the 3g's. wont work or there is no screen and you will ruin the speaker. i am NOT a guru and please dont quote me. just what i have heard.
    as far as the volume hacks, NON WORK. there is NO differance. i have tested and tested and tested.. no difference. is one comes out for 2.2 then i will try it of course, but non have worked yet.

i will truley believe a volume hack works when i have an app that appears on my screen and there is a bar to move side to side to adjust the volume and i find myself seeing that hard to believe.
    I don't know what "volume hacks" you have done but i guess not the right ones. I have used the iclarified volume boost since 1.1.4 and can tell a difference on all firmwares. Problem is they haven't put one out yet.
    2008-11-27 12:04 AM
    I don't know what "volume hacks" you have done but i guess not the right ones. I have used the iclarified volume boost since 1.1.4 and can tell a difference on all firmwares. Problem is they haven't put one out yet.
    ive been doing it manually ..if you look at the volume hack from iclarified repo it says which 3 .plist are changed....
    the three are:
    com.apple.celestial.plist
    RegionalVolumeLimits.plist
    SystemSoundMaximumVolume.plist

it sets all values to the maximum value of

RegionalVolumeLimits and SystemSoundMaximumVolume are located
    system/library/privateframeworks/celestial.framework

and com.apple.celestial.plist is:
    private/var/mobile/library/preferences

i just did it manually for 2.2.....like it was said in the earlier post the most improvment was back in 1.1.4 days when the pin hole trick was done for the 2g iphone
    If I Helped You Hit The Thanks Button
    2008-11-27 05:23 AM
    how much of an increase in volume did you recieve from manually doing that ice?

just did it and i cant tell a difference lol
    Last edited by standard141; 2008-11-28 at 07:38 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-11-28 07:38 AM
    how much of an increase in volume did you recieve from manually doing that ice?

just did it and i cant tell a difference lol
    i havent noticed a volume increase on any of the 2.x firmwares....when the first one came out from iclarified for 2.02 i believe i installed it from cydia and i didnt noticed a difference...so i was researching it more ...and all i came up with was what i posted earlier...so just incase i always do the mod manually.....

but if im correct i remember back in the 1.1.4 days the factory volume was set to .69999999999......
    so when the volume mod was release back then it was a bigger difference......

so in my opinion i believe it works but since you can only go from .89999999999 to 1.00000000 thats not much room for a noticable increase ...but thats just my opinion..
    If I Helped You Hit The Thanks Button
    2008-11-28 06:17 PM
    wow thats a big difference because i do remember whenever i used the mod in 1.1.4 i noticed it but now i can see since its only about a .21 increase it wont be as noticiable. thanks though!
    2008-11-28 10:30 PM
    sorry..someonecan posts the 3 files converted to xml or modified? because i'ma win user and the site who convert he .plist to xml doesn't function
    2008-11-29 07:39 PM
    So there is no way to set it at, say 1.5000000???
    2008-11-29 07:57 PM
    2008-11-30 07:59 AM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD