User Tag List

My iphone is faulty, ive only had it a month so its being replaced by apple on Saturday. I have purchased: swirlymms, intelliscreen and MCleaner, can I take all this data to my new phone and if so how?
    Also ill use APT backup and sync my phone, then restore my phone to unjailbroken and give to apple, hopefully they will give me a new one, then I resync with a old backup, then jailbreak and use aptbackup again?
    Correct?

Any help would be very helpful
    2008-12-04 01:18 PM
    What I would do is follow the directions for preparing to restore as outlined here.
    Then restore the old iPhone and return to Apple. When you get the new iPhone, continue with the rest of the process, retore firmware, jailbreak, etc...

I would not restore from a backup. If you follow the directions i posted, you will not lose any of your data. You will need to reinstall the apps which is a good idea anyway.

I don't use MCleaner or Intelliscreen so I'm not sure how the iPhone stores the data for those apps, but I assume its in the /mobile/Library/ (fill in name of app) folders. SSh in and check for folders and what is in them. Just copy those to your desktop as well before you restore.
    2008-12-04 01:45 PM
    yes ive read your post before, ive also used terminal to create a list of applications ive installed from apt
    but im more concerned about transfering my serails for the applications etc?
    2008-12-04 02:36 PM
    yes ive read your post before, ive also used terminal to create a list of applications ive installed from apt
    but im more concerned about transfering my serails for the applications etc?

My method will save all the data/preferences for your applications.
    2008-12-04 02:39 PM
    Its my understanding that the Swirly MMS license is only good for 1 device, so you will need to purchase that again.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish
    2008-12-04 03:24 PM
    Its my understanding that the Swirly MMS license is only good for 1 device, so you will need to purchase that again.
    If that's the case then you should talk to apple and see if there is anything that they can do, but for the other apps you can just reinstall them from the appstore without having to re-purchase them.
    iEat. iSleep. iPhone.
    2008-12-04 04:53 PM
    If that's the case then you should talk to apple and see if there is anything that they can do, but for the other apps you can just reinstall them from the appstore without having to re-purchase them.
    I dont think Apple is going to be too willing to help someone get a jailbroken app working again.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish
    2008-12-04 05:24 PM
    ive contacted swirlyspace and no reply, i dont mind buying that again, but inteliscreen and mcleaner i will not pay for it.

thanks for the help guys, and also guy above, no way will apple help with jailbroken, which is why im having to restore b4 i send it to them

also your method saves my preferences, not serails as they are tied to my phones IEMI, so changing phones would make the applications not work
    2008-12-04 08:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD