found out why my iphone 3g dont work my mrs bought it for me off ebay and guess what its been blocked looks like the guy has sold it to us and then reported it lost or stolen so pissed off so is there any way round this problem
    2008-12-24 03:29 PM
    sounds fishy to me but, blocked ? elaborate on blocked...and if he sold it on eBay you can report it....this story sounds fishy to me
    2008-12-24 03:33 PM
    na bought iphone well i mean blocked as it has been restricted on the imei number i have reported it and nothing fishy about it my mrs bought a iphone 3g off ebay and basically wont work cause a block has been placed on the phone
    2008-12-24 04:55 PM
    I'm not understanding. I assume you're in the USA in which case if the IMEI was restricted then it's only blocked on the AT&T network. Why not just use it with T-Mobile... the unlock will be here in less than a week. Also... what does customer service tell you ...exactly.. when you try and activate the phone?
    2008-12-24 05:37 PM
    that pretty much sux, I would send it back if I was you and get your money back! or call att and tell them the story and they might call the owner and verify what's up with the owner,

smells like insurance fruad to me
    Last edited by z3r01; 2008-12-24 at 05:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-12-24 05:38 PM
    that pretty much sux, I would send it back if I was you and get your money back! or call att and tell them the story and they might call the owner and verify what's up with the owner,

smells like insurance fruad to me
    AT&T won't insure the iPhone or any other smart phone.
    2008-12-24 05:41 PM
    I've never seen them block one in the US.......... I think you got like the one phone that has been successfully blocked out!
    2008-12-24 08:45 PM
    AT&T won't insure the iPhone or any other smart phone.
    Third-party companies will. I believe insurance agencies also offer some protection if you opt for it, such as State Farm.
    Respect your elders.
    2008-12-24 10:02 PM
    Still.....I would put money on the guy you bought it from sold you a STOLEN iphone.....

Not, the guy you bought it from "reported" it stolen.
    2008-12-25 01:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD