User Tag List

I've got an 8gb iPhone that until yesterday had about 1.4 gb of space left on it. I'm not sure what I did but now it only has 318mb left and shows "Other" as being almost 3GB in iTunes. I was messing around with iPhone PC Suite and using it to backup my contacts to my PC and after I was done I noticed that all of my space on my phone was gone. I verified that my backup was indeed on my PC and nowhere else. Anyone have any clue how I can get my space back without doing a restore and starting over?

I did notice that there's a directory on my iPhone called "Stash" that I don't remember seeing before. There seems to be a copy of a lot of my apps located in it. Is that supposed to be there or should I delete it?
    2008-12-24 06:35 PM
    Stash is where Cydia stores all it's apps and programs. The fact that you were "messing around" with system files and all of a sudden you lost a gig of space is not a good sign. Your best option would be to restore to 2.2. Set up the phone as new in iTunes, then resync your contacts... then redownload everything again manually.
    2008-12-24 06:40 PM
    Stash is where Cydia stores all it's apps and programs. The fact that you were "messing around" with system files and all of a sudden you lost a gig of space is not a good sign. Your best option would be to restore to 2.2. Set up the phone as new in iTunes, then resync your contacts... then redownload everything again manually.
    I wasn't messing around with system files, I was messing around with iPhone PC Suite. All I did was use it to backup my contacts to my PC.

I'll only do a restore if no one else can think of anything.
    Thanks.
    2008-12-24 07:06 PM
    ^You can try deleting a lot of your third-party applications, which should bring it down some, but for the best results a restore would be ideal...
    Respect your elders.
    2008-12-24 07:33 PM
    ^You can try deleting a lot of your third-party applications, which should bring it down some, but for the best results a restore would be ideal...
    Well here's a strange one..... I used iTunes and deleted around 40 apps. After it was done I now have 700MB free and 4.3GB of other. Figure that one out.

Restore in progress.
    2008-12-24 08:47 PM
    ^Well, you were supposed to delete your jailbroken apps, however a restore is definitely best for you... Hope it goes well.
    Respect your elders.
    2008-12-24 08:59 PM
    ^Well, you were supposed to delete your jailbroken apps, however a restore is definitely best for you... Hope it goes well.
    That's what I did. I just used iTunes to do it.
    The restore went well. Already jailbroken and installing apps again.
    2008-12-24 09:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD