User Tag List

Hi guys,

after hours of looking through the internet, especially this forum, I couldn't find a solution.

I'm using a 1.1.4 Jailbroken IPhone. After my usual application browsing and installing I went to my home screen and realised the Installer icon was gone, flipped through all 4 screens and found nothing. The applications I downloaded are on the spring board so it's just the Installer. Apart from games and apps I downloaded the "Fix Disk Space" package which is now making me feel uneasy.

I tried deleting some apps through SSH but still nothing.

Installer.app is still in the applications folder.

PS, I've got SummerBoard installed too.

Thanks a bunch
    2009-01-03 05:06 PM
    thats a pure bummer. 1.1.4 is so old and hardly supported the package you prolly installed was maybe kurupt or mistyped. do u have terminal installed? if it actually moved your apps to another folder, you'll need to move it back, n remove the symlink that package added.
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4
    2009-01-03 05:47 PM
    Hi and thanks for your reply.

I do not have terminal installed, any idea what I could do through WinSCP?

Where the files might have moved and where I should put them maybe?

I'd hate to restore the phone as it's a hassle, especially getting all my useful apps and fixes back in it.

Thanks

BTW, I am not absolutely sure that the problem is coming from the "Fix disk space error" package I downloaded.

The only way I might restore my phone if it's for a newer version.

Can anyone please tell me if it is an easy task to have it installed and unlocked?

And are there any bonuses and/or downsides of doing so?
    Last edited by muziq; 2009-01-03 at 07:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-01-03 07:02 PM
    upgrading and reunlocking is easy as cake. especially since you can take advantage of the appstore and all of the tons of free games they provide.

open itunes, click restore. when its done use quickpwn and follow the easy instructions.

im assuming the "fix disc space error" possibly relocated your apps to a different partition to free up some system space that all your apps were taking. restoring and upgrading is actually my full suggestion. some apps from 1.1.4 may not work on 2.2 but prolly 99% have already been ported or new apps/fixes have been created.

google street view has also been added in 2.2, pretty cool i mite add
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4
    2009-01-03 07:14 PM
    Well just want to make everything clear.

I've got the IPhone 2g, which wasn't even selling in my country(Malta), so I'm not sure what was done with it to make it work.

Should I just go ahead with it?

Thanks

Just took the risk and upgraded to 2.2 using quickpwn. Looks great, thanks a lot
    Last edited by muziq; 2009-01-03 at 09:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-01-03 09:30 PM