i was at a bar last night and had my iphone belt clipted to my waist and someone took it and i didnt even feel it and i remember just playing with it like 5 mins before, now i have to go get another one because theres not insurance for theft apparently or atleast to my knowledge which is rediculous and i know whoever took it cant get in it cause i had auto lock on and a passcode that is pretty difficult i think and when i call it it just goes to voicemail so im guessing they couldnt get in it and it just died

im pissed i have to go get another one
    2008-03-03 05:04 AM
    Are you with AT&T, because T-Mobile or another carrier won't cover it under insurance because it's not their phone.

If you are with AT&T. You can the phone blacklisted so it will just be an iTouch. But the lock screen won't help much if they put it in DFU and restore the firmware
    2008-03-03 05:32 AM
    I dont mean to be a ****.... but a simple restore and your passcode is gone
    2008-03-03 05:42 AM
    Buy a new one because is nothing you can do, if blacklisted a simple unlock will work and a passcode a simple restore will do it.
    2008-03-03 05:46 AM
    just a little info for you , if you have state farm insurance you can get what is called a personal articals policy on your phone i paid 34.00 for the year and there is no deductable if anything goes wrong with it or is stolen, they just cut you a check for a new one. its a must have if you own this phone.
    2008-03-03 06:33 AM
    Everyone should lojack their phone.
    2008-03-03 07:07 AM
    Also if you had Dock installed they can bypass the lock screen with that.
    2008-03-03 08:33 AM
    Sorry for your loss, it's a terrible thing that happened.
    Don't be shy if I helped you use the Thanks button, I do it.
    2008-03-03 09:22 AM
    yeah man....so sorry! and that f#$%^ng thief wud be lurking these forums! May he rot in hell or have a truck run over him.Over and over and over...
    2008-03-03 09:26 AM
    if you get a new phone, head over to statefarm.com insurance co.
    They have a full coverage plan they offer for $35 a year.
    I have home owners and car insurance with them so I get a discount from that price.
    It's a pretty good deal. It does cover stolen.
    Aqwoah and Glass Orb Dock combined!
    2008-03-03 01:48 PM
    thanx lol thats actually pisses me off more cause i know your right i didnt think about it even though ive jailbroken my phone numerous times i forgot that the passcode doesnt stay but thats a good point and im going to go get that insurance because i just picked up a new phone today thanks

i think the old phone will automatically get disconnected though now that i have this new one wont it ?
    2008-03-03 08:58 PM
    Just a bit of advice check Craigslist.com and Ebay everyday. There is a strong possibility it will end up for sale. It's worth a shot .....Good luck.
    2008-03-03 09:05 PM
    dude. Leave your att account. Have them triagulate the position of your phone. Tell police. They can track him and catch the bastard.
    2008-03-04 08:23 PM
    That sucks. I worry about that too so I carry mine in my front pocket. I am also a life long geek so I have learned to avoid areas where my stuff might get jacked. Your regular insurance carrier should have a plan that will cover your next phone.
    2008-03-04 11:12 PM
    just a little info for you , if you have state farm insurance you can get what is called a personal articals policy on your phone i paid 34.00 for the year and there is no deductable if anything goes wrong with it or is stolen, they just cut you a check for a new one. its a must have if you own this phone.
    Do you know if Geico offers the same thing?

I think I'm gonna call them and find out, cause it could definitly come in handy
    2008-03-04 11:50 PM
    same with me, someone stole my 4 gig in disney world (yes, disney) and I had to get the 16 gig. they say theres no insurance cuz they all get stolen.
    2008-03-05 01:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD