Any news on the custom mp3 issue? (talking about setting your own rather then paying $0.99 per ringtone esp when i have over 15,000 songs already)

Im not expert or anything but i think all we need to do is find the directory in which the ringtones are found and maybe set some attributes.

I tried accessing the hidden files on the iPhone but NOTHING showed up as hidden which is weird since I have synced songs to my phone but cant see them when I go into the phone outside of itunes. (all that shows up is the photo directoy)

I use Windows so maybe somebody with a Mac could try to find the directory listings.

just a thought.....
    2007-07-01 02:48 PM
    where do you see this option to buy ringtones.
    2007-07-01 10:08 PM
    During the WWDC Steve's version of iTunes had a ringtones tab. As far as mounting the iPhone as a USB drive I haven't discovered that yet. Even looking for it in the Terminal proved useless.
    Hmm...
    2007-07-01 11:15 PM
    Just Speculating?
    2007-07-01 11:15 PM
    During the WWDC Steve's version of iTunes had a ringtones tab. As far as mounting the iPhone as a USB drive I haven't discovered that yet. Even looking for it in the Terminal proved useless.
    well aware it was there during keynote but it isnt currently there. for ringtone it'll probably be a better bet hacking itunes once the service is released than hacking the iphone
    2007-07-02 12:12 AM
    i was just speculating that you would have to pay for ringtones via itunes....

as for hacking the iphone.......ppl are on it right now...........

read below (via Engadget and HoFo):

http://www.engadget.com/2007/07/01/i...hacking-begin/

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1192007

so it should be a matter of time before we can customize our ROMs.....hopefully that is
    2007-07-02 02:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD