User Tag List

I have a 2g iphone with 2.2 software. What do I do 2 my iphone if I am going 2 Thailand and will use a Thai sim card? I have an at&t sim card right now. What do I do to be able to use my iphone in Thailand? Thank you
    2009-01-16 07:42 PM
    Jailbreak it. If already done you're fine. Use Quickpwn or Pwnage, your choice. Works like a champ!! Already tried w/DTAC and AIS pre-paid including data (EDGE)
    2009-01-16 07:52 PM
    Thank you sooo much! I have heard different things about jailbreak, honestly im kinda scared. Any info would be great
    2009-01-16 07:56 PM
    There are great tutorials here and many other sites. Just sync (which does a backup), download all the files (where and how also in the tutorials) and follow the steps. Really it's simple if you truely follow the directions.
    2009-01-16 08:04 PM
    Thank you! Is there any downside to jailbreaking? I have heard stories about it as far as the phone or things on the phone not working right after jailbreaking. I have the updated 2.2 version and I have heard that if you jailbreak an iphone you will not be able to download any never versions that apple comes out with. What do you think?
    2009-01-16 08:22 PM
    No down-side what-so-ever. Everythink works ... PLUS you get 3rd party apps, SIMs, and freedom from Apple/AT&T stupid restrictions.

One more thing. When Apple releases a new version, wait for a jailbreak before updating. They usually come out 1-3 days after the new release is available.
    Last edited by Mes; 2009-01-16 at 08:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-01-16 08:33 PM
    I have the updated 2.2 version and I have heard that if you jailbreak an iphone you will not be able to download any never versions that apple comes out with. Is that true?

When you jailbreak, will I loose all my contact info and downloaded apps?
    Last edited by berlin_jeremy; 2009-01-16 at 09:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-01-16 09:53 PM
    When you sync your current phone with iTunes (BEFORE JB'ing), you info is saved on your computer. After you JB, iTunes will not recognize your iPhone. Select restore your iPhone from the last iTunes backup. Now the phone will be recognized. Contacts, SMS's, etc will be restored. Then after a full sync (selecting which Music, Apps, etc to sync) then the rest is restored. Everythings back to 100% WITH extras

When Apples comes out with v2.3 (or 2.???, or 3.99999) or whatever) you have two (2) options:

1. Upgrade using Apple ..... everything will return to like it is right now!! You will loose non-AT&T SIMs, extras, etc.

2. If you want to continue to use 3rd party SIMs, 3rd party apps, etc; you need to wait for the 'team' (aka Dev-Team) to release a JB'd for that NEW version. Follow their simple instructions .... and you will be back 100% (AT&T PLUS the world PLUS 3rd party stuff, etc, etc) Note: The Dev-Team usually has a JB very soon (1-3 days) after Apple releases a new version.

Also: Read around MMI. Millions (ok, thousands) do this all the time and for quite a long time (> 1 year) . No downsides!!. I'm not sure what you've heard .... but you can read about REAL success stories here (and very few problems) . Even with the occasional 1 in a 1000 problem, they can always restore back to where they 1st started and begin again.
    Last edited by Mes; 2009-01-16 at 10:25 PM.
    2009-01-16 10:17 PM
    just jailbreak and unlock. not a big deal
    2009-01-17 07:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD