User Tag List

Hi all,

I'd really, really appreciate some help with this one. I'm a reasonably knowledgeable guy when it comes to tech stuff, but at this level I'm stumped...!

I've got a Jailbroken 3G iPhone with Cydia and Installer. Last night I installed Winterboard and a theme called "Elegance," just testing the waters.

This morning, I don't know what has happened but I cannot make calls out. When I go to the Phone Icon in the dock the phone view comes up as normal, MINUS the "Call" word in the green middle lower section. The phone then freezes up and kicks me back to the home screen.

When I double tap the home button for "favorites" I get the same issue.

I tried uninstalling Winterboard and Elegance, but I'm still facing the same problem.

PLEASE HELP!

Thank you so much. If this has already been solved, please just point me in the right direction.

WB
    2009-01-20 02:45 PM
    You most likely have Kate installed. Kate and winterboard don't play nice together. Either uninstall winterboard or disable facelift in kate by going to Settings > RIP Dev preferences... hit the blue arrow... or hit the Kate button (can't remember which) and uncheck facelift. Then reboot and you should be ok.
    2009-01-20 04:11 PM
    I had tried to install Kate last night also, but it didn't seem to work. I thought I'd uninstalled it. I also had uninstalled Winterboard before posting my initial issue this morning.

I'm still having the same problem... grumble grumble!!!

Any advice?? Thank you

WB

Hi all,

I reinstalled, and then reuninstalled Kate, as well as uninstalling lots of other things I'd had via Cydia and Installer, and now I've got the ability to make calls again.

Thanks for checking up on this and the help you recommened.

WB
    Last edited by wburrito; 2009-01-20 at 05:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-01-20 05:11 PM