User Tag List

Hey everyone,

I'm new here, and I've tried to search for an answer to this question, and have found a few responses, but none have worked for me. I'm decent with computers (that is, Windows products) and have a jailbroken iPhone, and am fairly familiar with Cydia. I do not have Installer because the first few times I jailbroke, I had some issues with it temporarily bricking my phone; so I gave up on it for the time being. So here's my question:

I have the 3G and the universal dock. I also have a nice keyboard which has basic media functions that I have noticed works with the basic functions of iTunes. These peripherals are all at work, which happens to not be the computer I sync to that contains my music. I was hoping, if possible to get the ability to play the music on my iPhone through my computer and its speakers. I have tried to connect a male-male 3.5mm audio cable to my line in, but it wouldn't work for some reason.

What I was hoping was that there was a way to access the music on the phone through iTunes maybe through the dock connector and USB. Is this possible? I've tried the copying of the "itunes library.itl" and "itunes music library.xml" files to this computer, but it didn't work for me. It populated the list of songs as if they were on this computer, but they didn't know the file location, as they are stored on my computer at home, and not here. And if I try to access the playlists on the iPhone as it is connected, it still shows the songs grayed out.

Any ideas anyone? All help is greatly appreciated! Thanks ahead of time!
    2009-01-24 07:03 PM
    I don't understand what you mean.If you want to copy your songs from phone to computer,you can use Tansee Iphone Transfer or Lenogo Iphone To Pc Transfer.
    2009-01-25 01:16 AM
    I don't understand what you mean.If you want to copy your songs from phone to computer,you can use Tansee Iphone Transfer or Lenogo Iphone To Pc Transfer.
    What he said my friend. Looks like you a google are going to be friends. Download those, transfer music to PC and you're done.
    Android user suffering from iPhone withdraw.
    2009-01-25 01:22 PM
    I did see that as an option, but I was hoping to not have to do that since it is a work pc. I thought there was a way to plug your iPhone up to the computer and play the music and playlists as if they were stored on the computer. Essentially the computer acts as a pass-through to the speakers. If you search the forums with "play iPhone music computer" one of the top results is someone who was able to do this successfully, but it didn't work for me.
    2009-01-25 02:24 PM
    Try This Simplify Media - Connect Your Music
    2009-01-25 02:30 PM
    I was aware if this as an option as well. It may be what I end up trying, because I basically would like to be able to listen to the music through iTunes, and this appears to do the trick. But it would be me backup, because having the music on my phone to be able to take anywhere was one of the main reasons I got this phone (I had an AT&T tilt prior to this phone and used orb to stream my music similarly to that of simplify media). I'm sorry i'm not trying to be difficult, I just thought there was/should be a way to do what I mentioned above. Maybe not...thanks for all your help everyone, let me know if you come up with anything else.
    2009-01-25 02:41 PM
    Have you tried any of these options:

1) Y-splitter from the computer's sound card - use your male/male cable to plug into the iPhone. Maintains sound from both computer and phone.
    2) Plug the computer speakers directly into the iPhone.
    3) A/B switch.

Doubtful you'll be able to use the keyboard controls to manipulate the iPhone, but at least you'll have the music to listen to.
    2009-01-27 02:23 PM
    the new version of iphone pc suite will do it.
    2009-01-27 06:08 PM
    You can intall MediaMonkey or SharePod and can listen to your music directly from your iPhone from your computer. As long as you have a cable from the output of your dock to the input of your computers soundcard
    2009-01-27 07:05 PM
    If you want to transfer some music on-the-go to your iPhone and listen to your iPhone music in the meantime, there is a freeware that does the job.
    2009-03-19 12:32 PM