Hi I am experiencing a very strange problem with my iPhone, yesterday evening my phone suddenly stopped responding to any touch, i.e. I could not swipe to unlock so I powered off and I could "swipe to power off" but on restart again I could not unlock the phone so I restarted a couple of time but the problem persisted, I also noticed that though "swipe to power off" responds to touch even the CANCEL button on the power Off screen does not respond to tap. So I assumed that it is a software problem as the screen is still responding to touch and I was considering upgrading to 1.1.4 anyways so I restored to 1.1.4 and used ziPhone 2.5 to unlock the phone and everything went smoothly but the the problem still persists I can't even dismiss the "jiglly icon" dialog box which 1.1.4 shows on restart. I even tried "refurbrish iPhone" option in ziPhone but the iPhone still remains unlocked.
    I am serious worried and need help... and I know every second person here is desperate for help... Please guys help me out...

guys pls help.. any clue whats going on here
    Last edited by saurabhbatra; 2008-03-04 at 04:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-03-04 04:57 PM
    hmmm...try restoring and setting it up as a NEW PHONE

make sure u sync all ur contacts first tho or u lose them all =(
    If my post is helpful, give it a ThAnKs!

Windows XP
    Windows Vista
    iPod mini 4g
    iPod Video 30g (not anymore, I will miss you =[)
    Jailbroken iPhone 7.32g
    2008-03-04 07:50 PM
    it sounds more like to me a hardware problem since the bottom of your screen isn't responding to touch, and if you've restored, rejailbroken, etc and still just that portion not working, i'd say it's definitely hardware
    2008-03-04 09:35 PM
    Have an iphone with the same problem
    the whole screen wont detect anything...already restored, and tried everything but no fix....anyone that happened to fix this???
    2008-03-05 04:43 AM
    it sounds more like to me a hardware problem since the bottom of your screen isn't responding to touch, and if you've restored, rejailbroken, etc and still just that portion not working, i'd say it's definitely hardware
    Hi Jtesnani, sorry to bother you but you seem to know what you're doing and you're online and I need some help. I have a problem where whenever I bring up the keyboard from SMS or notepad to key in alphabets, the top row (ie. qwertyuiop) doesn't respond to the key touches but all other alphabets work. I can use the calculator no problem so I konw it's not the hardware. I then upgraded to 114 from 112 using ziphone as I thought that would solve the problem. no luck as it's still not responding. PLEASE KINDLY HELP!

thanks in advance, aj
    2008-03-06 03:50 PM
    i really wish i could help you but i'm definitely no expert, and have no idea how to fix your problem but if it's only in the SMS and notepad program that's having this issue and not anywhere else, then it wouldn't be a hardware issue, but you've already tried restoring and rejailbreaking and that still doesn't work...i really don't know what to say. i'm sorry...
    2008-03-06 03:53 PM
    thanks anyways for responding so quick. I'll try to open new thread and hopefully someone will be able to help me. aj
    2008-03-06 03:58 PM
    i am pretty sure now that it is a hardware issue... i discovered last night that by double clicking the home button twice i get the ipod bar which is totally working so i guess bad luck...
    now how much would it cost to get the screen replace any ideas...???
    2008-03-06 04:01 PM
    its a hardware issue, i had the same thing happen and apple sent me a new phone
    2008-03-06 04:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD