Hello everyone,

I have a restored 1.1.4 iphone ziphone (from 1.1.1)...everything was good ...until last night...
    suddenly the system sounds are not working...including the clicks, locks, sms tones and email tones
    they were all working as of yesterday afternoon

i have tried resetting the settings and also tried just to jailbreak...as explained in one of the posts

but still no sound...the ring tone, music and other sounds work fine

please advice!!!
    2008-03-04 01:32 PM
    same thing happened to me...i guess apple have embedded something into their firmware with this upgrade....i restored my phone with itunes and jailbroke ,unlocked and activated again.....
    2008-03-04 06:40 PM
    Had the same problem ALL SOUNDS went off,i Restored my iPhone to 1.0.0(3.9 original bootloader iPhone) and this fixed my sound problem. I unlocked/jailbreaked/activated it and THEN restored to 1.1.4 firmware through iTunes and Didnt unlock it through Zibri-s method , i Did with iClarified method!
    2008-03-04 07:46 PM
    I didn't update to 1.1.4 but i did have this problem today also. I tried unplugging and plugging in the headphones and restarting and reseting the phone but nothing worked. Then I went on the apple website and found that you can reset all settings without deleting data.

SOLUTION!!!
    Its simple, just go to Settings> General> Reset> and hit Reset all Settings.

It will say Resetting... for a few seconds, then restart. This solved my problem and didn't delete any of my programs or data. I just had to rearrange the programs on my home screen.
    2008-03-05 07:57 AM
    That worked for me
    2008-03-05 08:10 AM
    I didn't update to 1.1.4 but i did have this problem today also. I tried unplugging and plugging in the headphones and restarting and reseting the phone but nothing worked. Then I went on the apple website and found that you can reset all settings without deleting data.

SOLUTION!!!

It will say Resetting... for a few seconds, then restart. This solved my problem and didn't delete any of my programs or data. I just had to rearrange the programs on my home screen.
    Thanks Tread. This fixed it.
    2008-03-05 10:37 PM
    Nothing worked...
    ended up restoring to 1.1.4 again...all is fine now
    thanks everyone for your help!
    2008-03-06 02:54 PM
    i had the same problem
    but nothing is working for m not even resetting
    what should i do now....plz help
    2008-03-13 06:46 PM
    i had the same problem
    but nothing is working for m not even resetting
    what should i do now....plz help
    looks like you'll have to do a restore and rejailbreak/activate
    2008-03-13 07:21 PM

SOLUTION!!!

THIS DINT WORK FOR ME PLZ HELP.

MY Ringtones are working fine....but i dont get the lock/unlock/type/message/sms recieved sounds.
    2008-11-19 12:15 PM
    This is going to sound stupid, but make sure you don't have the mute button set to mute...
    2008-11-19 03:27 PM

SOLUTION!!!

When you did this Reset all Settings - did it reset your iphone and lose your jailbreak??

Thanks.
    2011-05-27 09:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD