User Tag List

I have a IPhone I got from a friend and it was previously jailbroken. All of a sudden, the dialer was messing up. Meaning that whenever I try to dial a number the screen freezes and then goes back to the main springboard page. Then the sound stopped working.

You can hear it doing a thing from neither the speaker, bluetooth or headphones. I checked the silent switch and played with the headphone jack and that doesn't seem to be the problem. I am thinking is all a software issue.

I have read through the boards of various places and they seem to point towards Kate/Rip Dev/Mobile install* is the culprit, but I don't have them installed. I even installed and uninstalled just to make sure without success.

My last resort was to do a restore on the original computer and I did. Still didn't work. I did a restore in DFU mode. Still didn't work. What else can I do? I would have assumed that the restore or erase all setting would make it like the original, but I guess not. Please help me! Thank you for viewing.
    2009-01-30 10:50 AM
    ok, I discovered that I can make phone calls on the original dialer only after using a third party dialer such as EZ dialer listed on the app store. Even then, it will freeze for a couple of seconds then work. I still can't hear a thing and it won't let me use bluetooth to communicate. It will default to speakerphone and will not let me change the audio source. Has anyone else had a problem such as this? Thank you for viewing.
    2009-01-31 06:51 PM