ok well i got my iphone a few weeks ago and i went to the local stereo shop to get the incar hookup for it. all he had was the hookups for regular ipod where it connects via dock connector in the bottom to an rca which somehow hooks up to the car. now my car wount play with that wire but a standard ipod works. my iphone will charge but not play music over the cars speakers, it will just play out of its own.

i was thinking to try a different dock connector to rca wire. maybe the one with the video wire too instead of just having the red and white sound wires, but no hooking the video part up obviously (http://www.pcuniverse.com/product.as...837543&m_id=32 ). i'm thinking that maybe when ipods changed to having video the dock connector slightly changed.

anyone know if this will work?

this is what i have in my car now, something similar to this: http://www.clubmac.com/clubmac/shop/...rce=cwbfroogle

anyone? bumpppppppppppppppp
    Last edited by dtx01; 2007-09-12 at 09:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2007-09-12 01:46 AM
    I have a similar setup in my car where my iPod plugged into what would be a dock extender then that plugged into my car so it played like it was plugged into a docking station.

iPhone doesn't seem to want to play this way, so I got the belkin headphone adapter and just plugged my car into it and removed the iPod dock connector attachment.

It plays pretty well, but would be really cool if it worked the other way.
    2007-09-15 12:03 PM
    I have a pioneer head unit with the Ipod interface...... I have to find my song on my phone, then plug it in and manually go to external setting. I can change different songs in that album and switch to playlist, but that is about it. I cannot charge and have full control of my phone......
    2008-06-27 03:27 PM
    yea it really sucks, i got a itrip universal which means i have to take the usb power cord with me if i wanna charge. gets kinda annoying to take that wire with me everytime i drive
    2008-06-27 05:39 PM
    I was looking for a car docking station for my iPhone and didn't find any. So, I built it myself. Check this out:
    iPhone docking station. It took me about four hours to build it.

Here is how it looks:

--alik
    2008-08-13 08:32 PM
    personally, i think all of the in car ipod / iphone connectors are way way way overrated.

i use a simple aux lead in my works van and personal car. great sound quality, and with a iphone holder from ebay.

grand total of less than 10.00 and superb sound quality
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker
    2008-08-13 08:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD