Okay here is the thing .. I had my computer reformated and now iTunes doesn't save my music for more then a few days and when I try to make a ringtone the songs do not show up as .m4a files so I can't change them to .m4r files to complete the process of making a ringtones .. has this ever happend to anybody? I'm thinking since I reformated my computer some kind of setting might be turned off .. can somebody please help me out. PLZ.
    2009-01-31 07:44 PM
    hmm, it not keeping the songs i have no idea, but check in your itunes settings to see if its importing your import settings are set to .mp3 and not aac?
    2009-02-01 02:45 AM
    hmm, it not keeping the songs i have no idea, but check in your itunes settings to see if its importing your import settings are set to .mp3 and not aac?
    There is nothing on my iTunes saying anything about importing ..
    2009-02-02 08:36 PM
    Itunes / Edit / Preferences / General / Import Settings.
    2009-02-02 08:42 PM
    Itunes / Edit / Preferences / General / Import Settings.
    Okay I did that .. so when I get to the step of making a ringtone Show in windows explorer to change the file from .m4a to .m4r .. the song doesn't show as a .m4a file it just has the name so I can't drag it into iTunes .. do you know why? What can I do to fix it?
    2009-02-02 08:58 PM
    some songs can't be made into ringtones but there is a program which allows u to make ringtones out of songs and it imports them automatically to itunes and u just sync.

p.s: most songs cant be made into ringtones u have to buy them but the program i was talking about allows u it is called "iRinger"
    2009-02-02 09:06 PM
    some songs can't be made into ringtones but there is a program which allows u to make ringtones out of songs and it imports them automatically to itunes and u just sync.

p.s: most songs cant be made into ringtones u have to buy them but the program i was talking about allows u it is called "iRinger"
    YAY!! It work .. THANKS!!
    2009-02-02 10:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD