i just bought a used iphone 2G 8GB.. im relatively new to ipod world so i had a couple or really one question.. and oh yes.. im new so HI.. .. but i installed newest version of itunes and it recognized my iphone, i changed name and etc... i started to add my music so it erased his (which i expected), but what i really wanted to know is when i started to load apps to itunes library and got ready to sync them it asked me if i really wanted to because my iphone had apps that dont belong to my computer and would erase them... so would this just remove apps he bought from app store or would it remove Cydia, Installer, Winterboard and all apps downloaded and installed using said apps.. should i write them down and take a chance.. its already obviously jailbroken so i dont want itunes to jack things up for me.. ANY help would be greatly appreciated.. thanks.. another side note.. i did install the mobileinstallation patch cus he hadnt installed yet.. he told me the only apps he had from app store were free ones.. so that doesnt worry me much either.. thanks again
    2009-02-01 07:50 AM
    Yes. It will overwrite whatever is on the phone. It won't remove Cydia apps or winterboard. Just remember not to hit RESTORE or that will wipe the whole phone and the jailbreak.
    Android user suffering from iPhone withdraw.
    2009-02-01 02:41 PM
    is there a way to tell which are Cydia apps and which are not?
    2009-02-01 05:45 PM
    With cydia apps you don't get the x in the top corner when you want to delete an app. (holding your finger on an up for 2 seconds) Also you can go to cydia - manage - packages and see what apps are installed with cydia. You can remove them from there too.
    2009-02-01 05:55 PM
    just wanted to say thanks for your replies..
    2009-02-01 10:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD