Hi everyone, I just upgrade my iPhone from 1.1.4 to 2.2 and I did manage to jailbreak it. The first thing I noticed is that "Installer" wasn't by itself... There was like other stuffs like "Cydi" which I never heard before.

My main question is this, when was using 1.1.4, there was two apps I really loved whcih were:
    - "SMB", it is the summerboard preference which allowed me to switch themes
    - "ThemeBuilder", an app that allowed me to make themes.

Does anyone have any idea how I can get these one on my new iPhone with firmware 2.2... Did anything replaced these apps? What do I need to download and which program from? (App Store, Installer, Cydia etc)

+ a lot of the sources went missing in the new "Installer". Does anyone have any idea how I can get these apps appearing in my "Installer"???

Please help, I really want my background back to original.

Also, I can go into my iPhone files. If there are any tricks regarding to modifying iPhone system dat to set up the backgrounda, please tell me. I might be able to get the background on if you tell me how without the help of these programs. eg: /var/private etc...
    Last edited by Xenotime; 2009-02-01 at 10:15 AM.
    D.Xenotime
    iPhone model: 2G
    iPhone firmware: v 3.1.2
    Theme: Customized Full Metal Panic!? Theme
    2009-02-01 08:48 AM
    First off....Cydia replaced Installer. Cydia's where everythings at now.

And Winterboard replaced Summerboard. Winterboard is much more powerful.
    2009-02-01 08:56 AM
    It still doesn't answer how I can make my own theme. :S Summerboard worked with ThemeBuilder, but how do we build our theme that goes with Winterboard?
    D.Xenotime
    2009-02-01 09:00 AM
    WinterBoard supports legacy SummerBoard themes.Another cool feature is video wallpapers,letting you set any .mp4 file as your background,as well as other things like web clips and sounds.And also wallpapers in WinterBoard can be played as a slide show screensaver as they change in the background.
    WinterBoard even allows you to create themes using web development languages like HTML and CSS which will bring in a whole new dimension to creating themes.Text fields can also be themed which means things like the Calendar icon date or icon labels are customizable.
    There are alreay hundreds of themes available in Cydia for WinterBoard. You can see them categorized by Apps,Battery,Complete themes,Keyboard,Sounds,SpringBoard,System,Video and more.
    2009-02-01 07:33 PM
    ^Yes, and creating a theme for use with Winterboard is nothing more than placing the correct image files in the correct folder. Thats it. No trick, just stick the files where they need to go.

There are many many threads on it, just search.

Or better yet, download a Winterboard theme and take a look at it.....you'll get it if you see it.
    2009-02-01 07:36 PM
    ^Yes, and creating a theme for use with Winterboard is nothing more than placing the correct image files in the correct folder. Thats it. No trick, just stick the files where they need to go.

There are many many threads on it, just search.

Or better yet, download a Winterboard theme and take a look at it.....you'll get it if you see it.
    Ah that is what I need, I can't find the directory... May you please tell me where it is located???
    D.Xenotime
    2009-02-02 10:46 AM
    ^The main theme folder goes into:

Applications/Themes/
    2009-02-02 10:00 PM
    ^The main theme folder goes into:

Applications/Themes/
    Awesome works great! Ty cpjr.

To all other people, it is

[root]/library/themes

Create a folder in themes and name after whatever you want eg: the glass theme...

Then make sure every springboard background you add is named:
    Wallpaper.png

and for the dock
    Dock.png

I can't be bothered about icons...

AND MAKE SURE there is only one of them! Cheers! Thanks you again cpjr for the lead.

Thanks for the lead!
    D.Xenotime
    2009-02-03 08:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD