I came from Black berry's and am used to keeping them charging all the time as the lithium ion battery liked that. Never really had any problems.

on the iPhone i don't know what type of battery it has or best charging techniques.

looking for advice.
    2009-02-02 04:50 PM
    The iPhone battery is not removable. In the 3G version, it's internally glued to the back plate. It has a lifecycle of approximately 500 charging cycles.

Depending on who you ask, you'll get varying advice for prolonging it. Recommendations I've heard - and follow - are to keep it on AC power (or powered via USB thru a computer) as much as possible, and only periodically let it completely drain and then do a full charge.

The guys at the genius bar informed me over the weekend that, in the event the battery does die within either 1 or 2 years (provided you have the apple plan), they'll replace the phone.
    2009-02-02 06:33 PM
    Thanks for the write up!
    2009-02-02 11:06 PM
    I only charge my phone during the day where I can supervise it. I never charge it at night and let it overheat. My battery last a long time and I play iMafia all day long.
    Android user suffering from iPhone withdraw.
    2009-02-03 03:06 AM
    I dont seem to be home long enought to charge it (except overnight)

I need to buy a sync/charge cable for the office.
    2009-02-03 01:35 PM
    i keep mine plugged in when ever its possible
    2009-02-18 03:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD