Here's a little trick I've been using since I was back on 1.1.2. Remember how jailbreaking a 1.1.1 iPhone with jailbreakme.com, you had to use the "*#303#" trick to bypass the activation screen? You can use this same trick easily to get music playing through your blutooth headset. Here's some steps to get it working. This works on any version iPhone firmware, but isn't currently possible on the iPod Touch.

1. Sync your blutooth headset with your iPhone.
    2. Open up the Phone app and dial "*#303#"
    3. Your phone should now be ringing, press answer.
    4. Press audio source and make sure your blutooth is selected.
    5. Answer the call with your blutooth headset and make sure it stops ringing.
    5. Open the iPod app and start playing a song.
    6. You should now be enjoying music over your blutooth headset.

The volume rocker works perfectly with the blutooth and iPod app.
    The only cons are that you won't be able to receive or send phone calls when using the app. Your data won't work either while you're in the phone call. If you're on wifi, you'll be all set. To end the call, you can go into the settings app and toggle the airplane mode. Everything will be back to normal and working. This is only mono blutooth, but it's better than nothing Nevertheless enjoy
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you out
    2009-02-03 09:16 PM
    Ha, I've actually done this before calling my wife lol. What does "*#303#" dial too? Thanks for tut

Edit: Just tried to dial it and it says "Error performing request" "Unknown Error"

ps. if this does actually work, does it charge minutes?
    Last edited by Nick Z; 2009-02-03 at 09:27 PM.
    2009-02-03 09:24 PM
    *#303# just makes the phone call itself. It doesn't actually use minutes though. It pretty much tricks the phone into thinking you're calling someone. Once you're in the call, you can use whatever audio source you want I actually found this out when I was talking to my girlfriend and tried playing a song. Then I was thinking about how I could use that trick to make the phone think it was in a call and sure enough it worked.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you out
    2009-02-03 09:27 PM
    Edit: Just tried to dial it and it says "Error performing request" "Unknown Error"
    2009-02-03 09:52 PM
    go to bestbuy and spend $60 on a bluetooth dongle and enjoy it the right way
    2009-02-03 10:00 PM
    go to bestbuy and spend $60 on a bluetooth dongle and enjoy it the right way
    Sony - Bluetooth Adapter for Apple® iPod™ - TMR-BT10A

Defeats the purpose of "wireless" bluetooth
    2009-02-03 10:07 PM
    Sony - Bluetooth Adapter for Apple® iPod™ - TMR-BT10A

Defeats the purpose of "wireless" bluetooth
    LMAO

That one sucks!

Try this one:

Sony - Stereo Bluetooth Transmitter for Apple® iPod® - TMRBT8IP

This is what I use and it works great. Sucks the iphone can't do it without it but it works.
    2009-02-07 05:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD