I was wondering if any of you have 2 phones and use one sim card. I have and iphone 3g on my att account and i just bought a bold(no contract). Once in awhile i switch sim cards in and out of both phones. I have been doing this for over 2 weeks now and both phones were working flawlessly. So today i go to switch my sim to my Bold and everything work except for internet and send mms but everything else worked great. Dunno to why it stoped but when i switch it to my iphone it works great. Except for i cant send mms anymore but ok. What i wanted to know is if i switched to a blackberry plan will i still be able to use the iphone capabilitys?????? I thought i heard of people switching there plans to get the mms to work and still had iphones capabilitys at full.??????
    2009-02-04 04:09 AM
    For the iPhone it uses PDPWAP access points to connect to the internet.

For the BB's they use PDPWAP & blackberry.net access points.

You are missing the blackberry.net access point because you don't have an BB data plan as the primary one on the SIM card you have an iPhone.

That's your problem. Only way can have both is if you request a PDA plan for Blackberry Connect ($45).. but then you'd lose visual voicemail on your iPhone because visual voicemail uses a different access point.

So in the end it won't work out unless you can live without visual voicemail.

Oh yeah good luck adding the pda plan for blackberry unlimited because you have an iPhone so they won't do it for you. Try looking at your account online and see if you can change it.

But then again you'll receivce an SMS on your iPHone telling you to change the plan so it won't work. Sorry.

I could have just went straight to the point but they your next question would have been "why?"
    Android user suffering from iPhone withdraw.
    2009-02-04 03:47 PM
    Can i switch to a blackberry plan and still use the iphone(email,safari,etc.)and just switch sims. Then i would kind of have both services since blackberry use's both servers. Right or wrong?
    2009-02-04 07:07 PM
    It won't work. AT&T will detect you are not using an iPhone plan with your iPhone.
    2009-02-05 02:39 AM
    hmmm makes sense cause i was useing the bb safari for a couple of days and downloaded themes but now they cut me off...nooooooooooo
    2009-02-05 02:44 AM
    It won't work. AT&T will detect you are not using an iPhone plan with your iPhone.
    I've been using my iPhone with a Blackberry plan since mid-August. AT&T hasn't said anything to me yet.
    2009-02-05 04:13 AM
    What do you mean? what features do u still get? how did you do this.? Safari,email,etc still work?
    2009-02-05 06:15 AM
    Thread-Jacking............

How do you like the Bold? Been thinking of getting one just to toy around with. I have had a few Blackberries...good devices.
    2009-02-05 06:19 AM
    I've been using my iPhone with a Blackberry plan since mid-August. AT&T hasn't said anything to me yet.
    Then you're a lucky person. Watch out for data charges though. What you do in the dark will eventually come to light.

Oh yeah and CPJR not for nothing but in my opinion (being a person who knows BB's up and down and how to fix them, etc) the Bold is horrible. The software on the phone is not stable and you'll find yourself reloading the software on the phone because of issues.
    2009-02-05 06:22 AM
    Thread-Jacking............

How do you like the Bold? Been thinking of getting one just to toy around with. I have had a few Blackberries...good devices.
    Bad mod!!

Anyways I love my iPhone, but I've been using my Bold for the past month. Without getting into too much detail, the biggest why I'm sticking with the Bold is because of the physical keypad. It's a great device, and I can definitely see why people love it. But the iPhone is a way more powerful phone after it's been jailbroken.

Most people that are BB users are not very knowledgeable when it comes to iPhone vs BB discussions. Most don't even know what jailbreaking is, or they gave up the iPhone several months ago. Which is understandable, but the iPhone has really made significant progress in the past month or two in terms of it's software development, especially through Cydia. So unless you have both phones and keep up with the news, it's fairly easy to say that the Bold is better. But since I keep up with both phones, I can make a pretty damn good argument that iPhone is better than Bold is almost every way.
    2009-02-05 12:48 PM
    What do you mean? what features do u still get? how did you do this.? Safari,email,etc still work?
    It was easy -- I took the SIM card out of my blackberry and put it in my iPhone. Everything works, except visual voicemail. AND, most importantly, work reimburses me the $45/month for the BB plan, which they wouldn't do for the iPhone plan.
    Last edited by Spamdumpster; 2009-02-05 at 02:06 PM.
    2009-02-05 02:01 PM
    HMMM i may do this....switch to a bb plan and just switch sims. i do that now but iphone to bb wont work.... I love my iphone and have it jailbroken with great apps. I follow iphone news every day so thats not an issue. i just started to follow bb. I had one in the past and now got a bold with a iphone. i love them both in diffrent ways. the bold is very very efficiant. I am going to try to switch plans and see if this works and for how long. Thing is i hope att does not charge me crazy for switching plans....well see

ahhhh... How about this? What if I get the bb plan for my bold and then unlock my iPhone. Will this help me on switching sims and getting iPhone to work. It's not a big deal to me to have visual voice mail. Will I still be able to do goodies to iPhone?
    Last edited by coachballfirm; 2009-02-05 at 05:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-02-05 05:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
We have updated our Privacy Policy and Terms & Conditions. Please check them out.