I noticed small hairline crack by the camera on my White 3G, similar to the one's everyone else is reporting. I scheduled an appointment and walked in today with some articles about the class action suite and documents about the cracks and they happily replaced it for me under warranty. Anyone else able to get their cracked phone's replaced? I had heard they were refusing to replace them but figured it was worth a try since I'm only a few minutes from an Apple store.
    2009-02-04 07:04 PM
    Crack&warez is not allowed here.Don't ask about it.Just go to google&search there...
    2009-02-04 10:16 PM
    Crack&warez is not allowed here.Don't ask about it.Just go to google&search there...
    what?
    2009-02-04 10:17 PM
    what?
    Excuse me?
    2009-02-04 10:47 PM
    Ok,i didn't read the post completely.When i see the cracked word,i supposed he was asking about crack.Maybe i was very sensitive about it...
    2009-02-04 10:54 PM
    looooooooooool dejawoo u r a joka, im glad your not a cowboy in the western, or we would all be dead with your trigger finger.
    2009-02-05 08:50 PM
    ^^^ lol
    at lest no infractions were handed out... inside joke
    cheers
    2009-02-05 08:57 PM
    Apple's replaced at least 20 iPhones for me with warranty already voided. Dropped in water, cracked on screen, big fat ding in the back, messed up buttons, etc.

It really depends on how you talk and what you say. If you just walk in and say "hey, I wanna replace my iphone. Fix it now" then no one's gonna help you. But if you try and be fake and sweet the person helping you then you have a better shot.

Also, it ALWAYS depends on the person helping you. Always try to go to a GUY thats laid back, not the serious geeks - those fuckers are annoying
    2009-02-05 08:59 PM
    My gun is my phone.Im sure it always hits the target.Where will you run away thinking that the body...lol...
    2009-02-05 11:22 PM
    crack&warez is not allowed here.don't ask about it.just go to google&search there...
    lmmfao :d
    2009-02-06 12:26 AM
    Roflmao.
    2009-02-06 03:28 AM
    Yea, I sorta played dumb consumer. I figured if I walked in all as my usual tech self they'd know something was up....normally I'm correcting the "Genius" on something every time I'm in their for anything. The guy was cool though, hopefully if I have anymore issues I'll be able to get it replaced again. Not sure if I said this already, but this is my 3rd phone, the first one got dust under the screen and had really rough edges.
    Apple's replaced at least 20 iPhones for me with warranty already voided. Dropped in water, cracked on screen, big fat ding in the back, messed up buttons, etc.

It really depends on how you talk and what you say. If you just walk in and say "hey, I wanna replace my iphone. Fix it now" then no one's gonna help you. But if you try and be fake and sweet the person helping you then you have a better shot.

Also, it ALWAYS depends on the person helping you. Always try to go to a GUY thats laid back, not the serious geeks - those fuckers are annoying
    2009-02-06 04:32 AM
    Yeah, I never walk in and show them I know more about the phone than they do

Im just like I dunno, I tried a restore
    2009-02-06 04:40 AM
    lol.^^^^
    LOL! DOesnt everyone know that only real women know how to handle a stick?
    As long as Miguel can blow...he's straight.
    I dread that first dusting of the white stuff.
    ready for a romp buddy? ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    2009-02-06 05:17 AM
    ^^^LmaOwRoflmaoysB
    2009-02-07 05:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD