Finally got one! Great condition 8GB 2G iPhone with full retail packaging + accessories for $315.00 shipped!! Very excited. Also, the owner seems to have listed it as a 3G (i knew this when I bid), so I'm considering asking for a price reduction as a result.. What do you think?
    2009-02-06 05:15 AM
    Im willing to bet he will not reduce the price. At most, he would offer to cancel the purchase.
    2009-02-06 05:21 AM
    8GB 2G iPhone for $315 shipped is still a good deal.
    2009-02-06 05:26 AM
    Oh....and......

Welcome to MMi.
    2009-02-06 05:28 AM
    In all fairness I don't care if he reduces the price. I'm still happy with my purchase. Now all I have to do is unlock it when it gets here and hack it to work with my $5.99/month T-Zones package

Speaking of, how is that working nowadays? When I first looked, you needed to change a file on your phone, but its looking like now people don't even have to do that to get the best internet speeds out of their iPhone!
    2009-02-06 05:41 AM
    In all fairness I don't care if he reduces the price. I'm still happy with my purchase. Now all I have to do is unlock it when it gets here and hack it to work with my $5.99/month T-Zones package

Speaking of, how is that working nowadays? When I first looked, you needed to change a file on your phone, but its looking like now people don't even have to do that to get the best internet speeds out of their iPhone!

all you do is turn on data roaming in general/network settings
    then in that same spot go into cellular data network and type in
    epc.tmobile.com

as the APN
    leave user and password blank.

works everytime. fast and reliable.
    2009-02-07 04:03 AM
    ^^^i DONT suggest turning on data roaming. you can get charged if you happen to leave tmobiles edge coverage. the rest of the info is correct. also great price on your phone. congrats.
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.
    2009-02-07 04:33 AM
    sounds like a deal
    2009-02-07 04:53 AM
    ^^^i DONT suggest turning on data roaming. you can get charged if you happen to leave tmobiles edge coverage. the rest of the info is correct. also great price on your phone. congrats.
    actually, unless you leave the U.S., Tmobile doesnt charge for call or data roaming.

so if you ever want to actually have edge signal, i suggest turning it on and leaving it.

i have it on all the time.

unlimited data plan for 5.99 or now its 9.99 means just that,
    unlimited and no roaming

that has always been tmobiles claim to fame.

no roaming.
    2009-02-08 03:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD