Hi
    i have an iPhone 3G
    when I open maps, and :click: the locate me button (corshair) it appears a big corshair in the map, but it never zoom in
    just stay in same place and doesnt show me has a blue dot

yesterday it worked, but here at my home it never find me
    how can i make it work fine?

Thnx
    2008-09-01 03:06 PM
    A couple of questions...I have a 1st generation iphone with 1.1.4 firmware. My reception is great everywhere except in my home but now I have a booster. I surf the web very quickly thru T-mobile. Does it make sense to further upgrade (to 2.0.2) my phone?
    I know that the iphone battery will die and so I called an Apple store about having them put in a new battery. They acted first like they knew nothing about installing one. Then when I explained that I knew a lot about it and wanted an answer yes or no, they became secretive. They tried to imply that if the iphone was under warranty, there would be no problem. I told them that when you charge over $399 for a cell phone, putting in a battery should not be a problem even if the phone is out of warranty. They agreed but the final clincher was that they refused to tell me what it would cost for this service over the phone. I was told to travel 30 miles to their location to get a quote. What do you think about this? If I attempt to install a battery (if you can find one) there is a chance that the phone could explode if the hot wire gets shorted out. Any opinions here?
    2008-09-02 05:49 AM
    --hope so, although I'm still seeing some pretty lame posts going up.

-Digitol-

Sigh.. nobody else? OK well this is more of a useless hint, but and VERY OVERLOOKED App that has lived on our macs for years...is ImageCapture! Use this app to select which app launches when devices with photo content is plugged in. Also while on the topic, ImageCapture has some amazing sharing features, you can actually share your iphone on your network...transfer and view any pictures you took on your phone. activate it in the prefs. go to http://yourcomputername.local.:5100/ (or just your LAN/private IP) and have fun!
    -digitol-

And now that i FINALLY got a mac I can use it!
    Live Forever Or Die Trying!
    2008-09-14 08:51 PM
    This one is a bit obvious after spending long enough time with your iPhone.

When hearing music or videos you can place your hand palm (preferably the right one) around the speakers of the phone in a semi cup shape. This will make a small echo space in your hand palm, making the sound being heard a lot louder
    2008-09-25 11:14 AM
    Go to the calculator app on your iphone, turn your iphone horizontaly and your calculator turns into an scientific calculator...
    2008-10-03 06:38 AM
    If you hold the home and the power buttons for about 1 second and then release, you will get a snapshot of your iphone screen. Can be found in camera roll folder.
    sǝıƃolouɥɔǝʇ pǝɹıdsuı
    2008-10-06 11:43 AM
    If you hold the home and the power buttons for about 1 second and then release, you will get a snapshot of your iphone screen. Can be found in camera roll folder.
    HAHA...Wow thats a pretty nice trick..Thanks
    2008-10-10 07:04 PM
    OMg there is so much uselesscrap being repeated over and OVER. yes we know double tapping leads to iPod controls and holding home and power leads to screenshot. You don't have to keep repeating it. And noobs. Don't just post a question here without even googling or searching or anything. This is a thread about tricks not a help forum. Holy crap you cold fill up at least 9 pages of nubs questions in here that don't get answered.
    2008-10-13 07:52 PM
    I just
    Last edited by CaptainChaos; 2008-10-14 at 07:28 AM.
    2008-10-14 06:58 AM
    need help with re-setting my iphone from a previous user and clearing out all her pics and songs... how can i re-set it to be my phone now????
    2008-10-14 08:04 AM
    Wow exactly my point. Didn't even read my post TWO UP FROM THEIRS about questions. Just posts without searching.
    2008-10-14 04:25 PM
    OMg there is so much uselesscrap being repeated over and OVER. yes we know double tapping leads to iPod controls and holding home and power leads to screenshot. You don't have to keep repeating it. And noobs. Don't just post a question here without even googling or searching or anything. This is a thread about tricks not a help forum. Holy crap you cold fill up at least 9 pages of nubs questions in here that don't get answered.
    lol seriously you need to calm down lol all that forum hype for what? your not gonna change peoples minds.....maybe he didnt want to read 16 pages....he just threw it in there to help, your hype is not necessary....really....
    2008-10-14 04:31 PM
    I did seach this thread - didn't see anything.

Is there any way to get rid of the "Slide to Unlock" screen? And just get the screen with icons?

Reason (perhaps i'm doing it incorrectly) - when the phone rings - I have to "Slide to Unlock" to answer (quite annoying)...
    2008-10-15 08:13 PM
    I agree with the dumb kid.
    2008-10-17 09:44 AM
    I figured out that by tapping the page indicators on the home screen the pages of apps flip by themselves instead of having to swipe my finger across the screen.

I did seach this thread - didn't see anything.

Is there any way to get rid of the "Slide to Unlock" screen? And just get the screen with icons?

Reason (perhaps i'm doing it incorrectly) - when the phone rings - I have to "Slide to Unlock" to answer (quite annoying)...
    Yes. Click on Settings--->General--->Autolock--->Never. Then it will only go to the lock screen if you press the sleep key.
    Last edited by CaptainChaos; 2008-10-24 at 01:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-10-24 01:30 PM
    Go to the calculator app on your iphone, turn your iphone horizontaly and your calculator turns into an scientific calculator...
    we all know that post something new
    Last edited by heath_rox; 2008-10-24 at 02:12 PM.
    "Its better to be a pirate than join the navy"Steve Jobs
    2008-10-24 02:02 PM
    need help with re-setting my iphone from a previous user and clearing out all her pics and songs... how can i re-set it to be my phone now????

Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings

Takes about 30 min to an hour. Did it on my 16gb 3g phone with version 2.1 and took about an hour and a half.
    2008-10-29 05:51 PM
    You can DOUBLE TAP on the bottom Tab icons in AppStore/Media player applications to 'go one level up' in navigation.
    2008-10-31 12:26 PM
    Great ;-)
    2008-10-31 02:13 PM
    How do you remove videos that you record with the camera?
    2008-11-02 12:19 AM
392 ... 21011121314 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD