User Tag List

I have an iPhone 3G that is jailbroken and unlocked. I used it on Fido network and synced with my computer with no problems at all.

I recently gave it to my father. He put a ROGERS sim card in it and is using it on ROGERS network. The phone works just fine. I left all the settings in it the way they were when I used it with FIDO though.

When he connects it to his itunes on his computer, he gets the error: "The SIM card inserted in this iPhone does not appear to be supported"

Itunes recognizes the iPhone, yet I do not get about page with the name and number of the iPhone and no other tabs to control the sync options.

What do I need to do in order to fix this problem?

Please help.
    2009-02-08 07:34 PM
    Restore? I don't really know, SIM cards arent my area of expertise, as you can see somewhere up in my little info box ^^^^^
    LOL! DOesnt everyone know that only real women know how to handle a stick?
    As long as Miguel can blow...he's straight.
    I dread that first dusting of the white stuff.
    ready for a romp buddy? ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    2009-02-08 07:41 PM
    How do I restore? Restore option is not available in iTunes
    2009-02-08 07:50 PM
    One iphone&one itunes account...
    2009-02-08 10:36 PM
    What do you mean?
    One phone and one itunes account?
    I just downloaded a fresh copy of itunes on my dad's computer, without setting up any accounts.

Last edited by retfeg; 2009-02-09 at 01:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-02-09 01:18 PM
    If I understand it correctly, iTunes will recognize if a phone is already associated with an existing iTunes account. You might have to restore and set up as a new phone.

I'd wait to see who else chimes in though.
    2009-02-09 11:41 PM
    I could restore, but the iTunes will not give that option, since it does not give the About page.
    My only solution is to reset all the settings in my iPhone's settings.
    But is it safe to do? How does it affect Jailbroken and unlocked phone?
    If I reset settings within the phone, will the iTunes recognize the SIM then?
    2009-02-10 02:22 AM
    Have you tried taking the sim card out to see what it does when you connect it?
    Trojans and

Windows Vista
    2009-02-10 03:26 AM
    I have taken the SIM out. The phone just says, something about the the card not being inserted.
    2009-02-10 04:52 AM
    Right, but if you have taken the sim out, and you connect it to itunes, then it should at least allow you to restore.
    Trojans and

Windows Vista
    2009-02-10 05:30 AM