my wife has a 3G (f/w 2.2) currently on AT&T, and I'm thinking of switching her onto my T-Mobile plan and then jailbreaking her phone. the only trouble is that she's put all of her contacts into the phone manually...so none of the contact info was transferred from Windows Mail. So, if i jailbreak the phone and switch the SIM card to T-Mobile's SIM, will her contacts still be in the phone or will they be on the AT&T SIM? if that's the case, how do i go about doing this swap and keep her contacts?
    2009-02-10 10:33 PM
    If she added the numbers on the phone then they will stay on the phone.
    Android user suffering from iPhone withdraw.
    2009-02-10 10:35 PM
    really? i was under the assumption that when i jailbreak it that it would erase everything.
    awesome...thanks.
    2009-02-10 10:44 PM
    No when you jailbreak a virgin iPhone all your information will still stay on the phone. What will be different is that you'll see a new icon called "Cydia". You'll be ok.

Just jailbreak it now dude. It won't hurt. After you jailbreak it download YellowSnow from Cydia and when she's ready to make the switch she can just swap the SIM and you're done.
    Last edited by gQstatus05; 2009-02-10 at 10:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-02-10 10:47 PM
    Make sure you turn the fone off put the sim in and turn back on ........wait!!!
    2009-02-10 11:15 PM
    No when you jailbreak a virgin iPhone all your information will still stay on the phone. What will be different is that you'll see a new icon called "Cydia". You'll be ok.

Just jailbreak it now dude. It won't hurt. After you jailbreak it download YellowSnow from Cydia and when she's ready to make the switch she can just swap the SIM and you're done.
    i've jailbroken my own 3G already so i'm familiar with the process, but i was already with T-Mobile when i did it so i didn't know that you could jailbreak a the phone while it was still with AT&T. again, i thought you could only jailbreak a a non-AT&T provider phone. learn something new every day....lol. thanks again.

btw...just got off the phone with T-Mobile and found out that if i get the family plan with my wife, both of our plans combined would still be less than what AT&T wanted just for her. that's ridiculous!
    2009-02-11 04:26 AM
    it will stay
    2009-02-11 05:45 AM
    Just incase you still want to save your wife's contacts or your own for that matter as a backup.

It would be located in:
    /var/mobile/Library/AddressBook/AddressBook.sqlitedb
    2009-02-11 06:57 AM
    yeah dude I have 2 lines on my account. 2 iPhones. One with $30 data $20 unlimited text + $60 voice plan. The other with $40 voice plan, $30 data almost 200 a month.

It's ridiculous but I like the service and customer support so I stay. My parents have 5 lines on sprint. One of those lines has unlimited text an data (my brother) and they only pay $150 something a month. Crazy right?
    2009-02-11 04:28 PM
    my wife has a 3G (f/w 2.2) currently on AT&T, and I'm thinking of switching her onto my T-Mobile plan and then jailbreaking her phone. the only trouble is that she's put all of her contacts into the phone manually...so none of the contact info was transferred from Windows Mail. So, if i jailbreak the phone and switch the SIM card to T-Mobile's SIM, will her contacts still be in the phone or will they be on the AT&T SIM? if that's the case, how do i go about doing this swap and keep her contacts?
    back them up using itunes
    2009-02-11 05:37 PM
    just remember on T-MOBILE u won't get 3g so the internet will be slow, very slow. That is why it's cheaper. Also if ur phone ever breaks or u update it ur screwed
    2009-02-12 01:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD