i feel my phone isnt acting up to par ... apps take a long time to open and load ... sometimes crash not even downloaded apps regular aps like safari and sms ... my phones jailbroken 16g got no music on it one theme not many apps maybe 3 pages altogether including the ones that are on the phone and cant be deleted is there a way i can fix this problem without restoring the phone?
    2009-02-13 03:12 AM
    if you have any appslike irealsms, backgrounder, insomnia, ect... make sure they are disabled to run in the background and just uninstall backgrounder huge memory hog

also quickgold is heavy on the cpu
    2009-02-13 04:00 AM
    Winterboard will do this to you as well if you have a lot of custom stuff applied at the moment as it uses a lot of memory. Try to take it easy on the customization stuff if you want better performance.
    Respect your elders.
    2009-02-13 09:12 AM
    If your random memory is 20 mb or less,you can also use free memory or memory status to free it up to 20-45 mb...
    2009-02-13 12:05 PM
    I have a related question. Would it help improve performance if I were to combine several indi usual themes into one complete theme? By that I mean combining individual app themes like dialer, SMS, wifi, carrier icons, etc, into a single theme that encompassed all of these themes into a single one.
    2009-02-13 05:25 PM
    ^I don't believe so, but I could be wrong, it may. Interesting question, though... Anyone know for sure?
    Respect your elders.
    2009-02-13 05:30 PM
    how can i tell how much random memory i have?
    2009-02-13 05:42 PM
    If you have SBSettings it will show you at the bottom, how much memory you have. It will be a higher number when you first open SBSettings, but it will drop after a few seconds.
    2009-02-13 06:22 PM
    Winterboard in general will drag down your performance time. Themes too! Memory intensive themes effect your performance in a horrible manner. Try uninstalling your 1 theme and see if it makes any difference.
    Viruses
    Intruders
    Spyware
    Trojans and
    Adware

Windows Vista
    2009-02-13 06:38 PM
    winterboard isnt too bad compared to sb settings and quick gold
    2009-02-13 06:44 PM
    with my theme, extended preferences and a weather widget i had 14mb available i turned off all of them now i have 51mb available and phones running smooth ... as much as i like changing themes i dunno if i can do it to my phone anymore bc of performance ... does free memory help ?
    2009-02-14 11:27 PM
    ^I don't believe so, but I could be wrong, it may. Interesting question, though... Anyone know for sure?
    Yes technically it would, but probably not by a noticeable difference.
    2009-02-15 04:20 AM
    It sounds like your phones running pretty well (better than mine, which is currently at 36). It will free up memory for a bit, but only until you either open too many apps or your lock screen goes up. People rave about it, but I've had it for almost a month, and have used it twice. Meh.
    Viruses
    Intruders
    Spyware
    Trojans and
    Adware

Windows Vista
    2009-02-15 04:32 AM
    Winterboard in general will drag down your performance time. Themes too! Memory intensive themes effect your performance in a horrible manner. Try uninstalling your 1 theme and see if it makes any difference.
    how about if you customize bypassing winterboard? straight to the root? would that affect performance as well?
    2009-08-18 05:36 PM
    The biggest performance problem with winterboard is when you are using the widgets, like the clock and weather, just basic wallpaper and icons isnt too bad.

I have a long list of MS Addons running including:
    attachment saver
    backgrounder
    cyntact
    downloader
    mailtoattachment
    preference loader
    quickscroll
    reflective dock
    status notifier
    Winterboard
    Yourtube
    BitSMS
    Qtweeter

and I manage to have 35-40mb free mem with just the phone and mail app running in the background

My Winterboard theme includes Icons, Wallpaper, and UI Images.
    No Widgets, no HTML, no rotating wallpapers.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish
    2009-08-18 08:18 PM
    look into the thread increasing performance 3.0

it'll have you guys sitting at 20-30 more free ram at any given time.
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!
    2009-08-18 08:29 PM
    look into the thread increasing performance 3.0

it'll have you guys sitting at 20-30 more free ram at any given time.
    where would this thread be located? i did a search and it does not show up...
    thanks
    2009-08-18 09:52 PM
    http://modmyi.com/forums/general-iph...are-3-0-a.html
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!
    2009-08-18 10:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD