User Tag List

I need some help returning my iPhone to the way it was OTB so that Apple won't be able to tell that it was ever jailbroken and I am not sure how to go about doing so.

The reason that I need to do this is because about a week ago a portion of my screen stopped responding to my touch(about 3/4 inch near the top of the screen). It totally hinders my ability to use the phone.

I'd like to get Apple to repair it under warranty but need to fix the entire "it's been modified" problem.

Any help fellas?
    2008-03-05 10:50 PM
    I wouldnt actually be to worried bout them digging around in the phone to much cause thats a "hardware" problem. However, you can use Ziphone to "virginize" the phone, taking it back to OTB.
    2008-03-05 10:56 PM
    Ok, I never unlocked the phone. It was just jailbroken running with AT&T. Would the virginize be necessary?

Would a restore do it for me?
    Last edited by BlackEskimo; 2008-03-05 at 11:02 PM.
    2008-03-05 11:00 PM
    A restore will "un-jailbreak" the phone, however it will NOT erase all traces of the jailbreak in the file system, so.....Apple could still tell you've messed with the software. However, I would just restore personally.

I fried an Iphone with an ipod charger (charges at 12v, phone uses only 5v), took it to Apple and the "genius" told me my Summerboard themes looked cool and then gave me a new Iphone cause he said my problem had nothing to do with the software
    2008-03-05 11:09 PM
    Awesome.

Thanks a lot man

I've been trying to get along without being able to dial 1-3 or anything across that bar... freakin sucks

I'm at 1.1.4 and I can't add sources to installer. It's killin me
    2008-03-05 11:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD